Mar 12, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
The McLaren F1 team has already made the declaration that it will have a primary sponsor on board in the near future.
But in the interim, the team has revealed the livery it will have for this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix and perhaps further races.
The team revealed a slight upgrade of its testing livery to include darker grey sidepods, as Mobil 1 will be on board the sidepods, engine cowling and rear wing elements.
Per NBC Sports’ Will Buxton, the design is to commemorate the 20-year partnership between Mobil 1 and McLaren.
Jenson Button has been active in Mobil 1′s adverts and marketing campaign in recent years; expect rookie Kevin Magnussen will be at some point soon as well.
In the meantime, enjoy the livery rendering now before the McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes – and the rest of the F1 field – hits the track for FP1 in Australia. Here’s your Australian GP TV times.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Nico Rosberg 0
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0