Mar 12, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
The McLaren F1 team has already made the declaration that it will have a primary sponsor on board in the near future.
But in the interim, the team has revealed the livery it will have for this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix and perhaps further races.
The team revealed a slight upgrade of its testing livery to include darker grey sidepods, as Mobil 1 will be on board the sidepods, engine cowling and rear wing elements.
Per NBC Sports’ Will Buxton, the design is to commemorate the 20-year partnership between Mobil 1 and McLaren.
Jenson Button has been active in Mobil 1’s adverts and marketing campaign in recent years; expect rookie Kevin Magnussen will be at some point soon as well.
In the meantime, enjoy the livery rendering now before the McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes – and the rest of the F1 field – hits the track for FP1 in Australia. Here’s your Australian GP TV times.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 6
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 7
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1