Mar 12, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
The McLaren F1 team has already made the declaration that it will have a primary sponsor on board in the near future.
But in the interim, the team has revealed the livery it will have for this weekend’s Australian Grand Prix and perhaps further races.
The team revealed a slight upgrade of its testing livery to include darker grey sidepods, as Mobil 1 will be on board the sidepods, engine cowling and rear wing elements.
Per NBC Sports’ Will Buxton, the design is to commemorate the 20-year partnership between Mobil 1 and McLaren.
Jenson Button has been active in Mobil 1’s adverts and marketing campaign in recent years; expect rookie Kevin Magnussen will be at some point soon as well.
In the meantime, enjoy the livery rendering now before the McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes – and the rest of the F1 field – hits the track for FP1 in Australia. Here’s your Australian GP TV times.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1