Mar 12, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Ken Block has nothing on Mike Ryan.
When he wants to do a little drifting – or as most race fans call it, driftin’ — Ryan climbs into his 1,950 horsepower Detroit Diesel-powered Freightliner.
Yes, you read that right, 1,950 horses under the hood. Of course, Ryan’s ride is a bit bigger and more than double Block’s 850 horsepower Ford Fiesta.
After the success of his initial big rig edition of “Size Matters,” Ryan is getting ready to release the sequel – appropriately named “Size Matters 2″ – soon, according to MotorAuthority.com.
The winged Banks Super Turbo Freightliner looks a bit like a semi version – as in semi-tractor trailer – of Richard Petty’s old big-winged Plymouth Superbird Hemi, complete with the rear wing/spoiler.
Filmed recently at California’s Port of Long Beach, Size Matters 2 shows Ryan doing his thing with what seem like near-impossible tricks for a heavy-duty truck.
The drifting part is the best, especially when Ryan out-runs and out-drifts a modified Nissan 240SX, and also drags a stunt man who decides to go along for the ride while hanging on for dear life to the rear bumper of Ryan’s big rig.
According to MotorAuthority.com and BangShift.com, which first reported Ryan’s sequel in the making, the super stunt man’s new video will also include an Evel Knievel-like truck jump over a row of cars.
A 12-time winner of the big rig division of the Pike’s Peak Hill Climb, Ryan does things with his big rig that seem almost humanly impossible — and certainly nothing like you’ll see big rig drivers do on the freeways and expressways near you (we hope!).
Check out the original Size Matters below, followed by a trailer of what’s soon to come in the sequel, which reportedly will be released late this month to coincide with the Mid-America Trucking Show (March 27-29) in Louisville, Ky.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3