Mar 12, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
NASCAR on Wednesday announced that it had penalized three Nationwide Series teams for infractions that occurred in last Saturday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
From NASCAR’s press release, here are the infractions and penalties issued:
During opening day inspection on March 6, the No. 11 car violated Sections 12-4.3 (P3 penalty) and 20A-2.3A (weight attached in unapproved location) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Chris Gayle has been fined $10,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. In addition, car chief Todd Brewer has also been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
The No. 9 car violated Sections 12-4.2 (P2 penalty) and 20A-12.8.1B (car exceeded minimum front height). This violation was discovered during post-race inspection on March 8 and crew chief Greg Ives has been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
The No. 22 car violated Sections 12-4.2 (P2 penalty) and 20A-12.3S (shock absorber exceeded maximum gas pressure). The violation was discovered during post-race inspection on March 8 and crew chief Jeremy Bullins has been fined $5,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
- Here are your TV times for this weekend’s Italian Grand Prix on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Dixon: “I don’t think anybody had a stellar season” 5
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 1
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1