Mar 12, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
NASCAR on Wednesday announced that it had penalized three Nationwide Series teams for infractions that occurred in last Saturday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
From NASCAR’s press release, here are the infractions and penalties issued:
During opening day inspection on March 6, the No. 11 car violated Sections 12-4.3 (P3 penalty) and 20A-2.3A (weight attached in unapproved location) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Chris Gayle has been fined $10,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. In addition, car chief Todd Brewer has also been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
The No. 9 car violated Sections 12-4.2 (P2 penalty) and 20A-12.8.1B (car exceeded minimum front height). This violation was discovered during post-race inspection on March 8 and crew chief Greg Ives has been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
The No. 22 car violated Sections 12-4.2 (P2 penalty) and 20A-12.3S (shock absorber exceeded maximum gas pressure). The violation was discovered during post-race inspection on March 8 and crew chief Jeremy Bullins has been fined $5,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5
- Ron Dennis clears up Alonso crash rumors; confirms he was briefly knocked unconscious but was not concussed 3
- McLaren confirms Alonso leaves hospital, and is out for final test 0
- Manor targets Melbourne appearance; announces Will Stevens as first driver 2
- Iconic F1 designer Gerard Ducarouge dies at 73 1