Mar 12, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
NASCAR on Wednesday announced that it had penalized three Nationwide Series teams for infractions that occurred in last Saturday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
From NASCAR’s press release, here are the infractions and penalties issued:
During opening day inspection on March 6, the No. 11 car violated Sections 12-4.3 (P3 penalty) and 20A-2.3A (weight attached in unapproved location) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Chris Gayle has been fined $10,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. In addition, car chief Todd Brewer has also been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
The No. 9 car violated Sections 12-4.2 (P2 penalty) and 20A-12.8.1B (car exceeded minimum front height). This violation was discovered during post-race inspection on March 8 and crew chief Greg Ives has been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
The No. 22 car violated Sections 12-4.2 (P2 penalty) and 20A-12.3S (shock absorber exceeded maximum gas pressure). The violation was discovered during post-race inspection on March 8 and crew chief Jeremy Bullins has been fined $5,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 0
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1