Mar 12, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
NASCAR on Wednesday announced that it had penalized three Nationwide Series teams for infractions that occurred in last Saturday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
From NASCAR’s press release, here are the infractions and penalties issued:
During opening day inspection on March 6, the No. 11 car violated Sections 12-4.3 (P3 penalty) and 20A-2.3A (weight attached in unapproved location) of the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, crew chief Chris Gayle has been fined $10,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. In addition, car chief Todd Brewer has also been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
The No. 9 car violated Sections 12-4.2 (P2 penalty) and 20A-12.8.1B (car exceeded minimum front height). This violation was discovered during post-race inspection on March 8 and crew chief Greg Ives has been placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
The No. 22 car violated Sections 12-4.2 (P2 penalty) and 20A-12.3S (shock absorber exceeded maximum gas pressure). The violation was discovered during post-race inspection on March 8 and crew chief Jeremy Bullins has been fined $5,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
Video from NASCAR America
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 0
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 52
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1