Mar 13, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Two days before the Sprint Cup race at Richmond International Raceway, Denny Hamlin‘s annual Short Track Showdown will be held on Thursday, April 24, at South Boston (Va.) Speedway.
Among NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series drivers that have already committed to taking part in the 200-lap late model event are Hamlin and Joe Gibbs Racing teammates Matt Kenseth and Kyle Busch. The younger Busch brother is a three-time winner of the event.
Other drivers confirmed for the night of racing and fund-raising for the Denny Hamlin Foundation, which supports and funds Cystic Fibrosis research and new therapies in Hamlin’s native Virginia area include David Ragan, Elliott Sadler, Hermie Sadler, Timothy Peters, Jeb Burton and Drew Herring.
Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the gate for adults, $10 in advance and $15 at the gate for youths ages 12-17, and admission is free for kids 11 and under (with an adult ticket purchase). For more information or to buy advance tickets, call 1-877-440-1540.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1