Mar 13, 2014, 3:05 PM EDT
Two days before the Sprint Cup race at Richmond International Raceway, Denny Hamlin‘s annual Short Track Showdown will be held on Thursday, April 24, at South Boston (Va.) Speedway.
Among NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series drivers that have already committed to taking part in the 200-lap late model event are Hamlin and Joe Gibbs Racing teammates Matt Kenseth and Kyle Busch. The younger Busch brother is a three-time winner of the event.
Other drivers confirmed for the night of racing and fund-raising for the Denny Hamlin Foundation, which supports and funds Cystic Fibrosis research and new therapies in Hamlin’s native Virginia area include David Ragan, Elliott Sadler, Hermie Sadler, Timothy Peters, Jeb Burton and Drew Herring.
Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the gate for adults, $10 in advance and $15 at the gate for youths ages 12-17, and admission is free for kids 11 and under (with an adult ticket purchase). For more information or to buy advance tickets, call 1-877-440-1540.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 1
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 53