Mar 13, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Two days before the Sprint Cup race at Richmond International Raceway, Denny Hamlin‘s annual Short Track Showdown will be held on Thursday, April 24, at South Boston (Va.) Speedway.
Among NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series drivers that have already committed to taking part in the 200-lap late model event are Hamlin and Joe Gibbs Racing teammates Matt Kenseth and Kyle Busch. The younger Busch brother is a three-time winner of the event.
Other drivers confirmed for the night of racing and fund-raising for the Denny Hamlin Foundation, which supports and funds Cystic Fibrosis research and new therapies in Hamlin’s native Virginia area include David Ragan, Elliott Sadler, Hermie Sadler, Timothy Peters, Jeb Burton and Drew Herring.
Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the gate for adults, $10 in advance and $15 at the gate for youths ages 12-17, and admission is free for kids 11 and under (with an adult ticket purchase). For more information or to buy advance tickets, call 1-877-440-1540.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 21
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 2