Mar 13, 2014, 6:56 PM EDT
When it comes to most every form of motorsport, there’s invariably a lot of zigging, zagging, drafting and drifting on race tracks from Florida to California.
And the NBC Sports Network (NBCSN) is where you’ll find a lot of all those components – especially the drifting part – as Formula DRIFT will once again be prominently featured on the network in 2014.
The seven-event Formula DRIFT Pro Championship will air a minimum of 24 times on Sundays beginning July 27, with programming including a combination of both on-track and off-track action, features, interviews and more.
This marks the sixth year the Long Beach, Calif.-based series has partnered with NBC Sports.
“We are proud to continue our relationship with NBCSN,” said Ryan Sage, Vice President and Co-Founder of Formula DRIFT. “The reach of NBCSN is phenomenal with access into 85 million homes in the US. To be able to bring our progressive sport in front of the their audience is thrilling.”
The 2014 Formula DRIFT season begins April 4-5 on the streets of Long Beach. More information, schedules and TV times can be found at www.FormulaD.com.
“We are excited to showcase a new season of Formula DRIFT here on NBCSN for our ever-growing motor-sports audience,” said Jeff Macaluso, Sr. Director of Programming at NBCSN. “The adrenaline pounding excitement is a great compliment to our line-up.”
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Kyle Busch roars back to win Truck race at Texas; Matt Crafton gets closer to clinching championship 0
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 1
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0