Mar 13, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
Brad Keselowski couldn’t have had much better of a weekend in Las Vegas than he did.
Winning means a lot of things, but to Keselowski, it means emotions can occasionally come running out.
And the wins this past weekend inspired Keselowski to dig deep and tell a story he had only previously told his closest inner circle.
We first learned Keselowski could write (and rather well, if I don’t say so myself) with his first blog entry on his own website posted a little more than a week ago, about his first race with JR Motorsports.
But this one, filed today, brings us closer to one of Brad’s best friends – a man only known as James – trying to make it in the racing world.
It sounds simple on paper but is obviously much deeper than that. A brief teaser:
But it’s hard to anticipate the emotions that you experience after a big win. Sunday night, flying home after the weekend, I found myself thinking about one person in particular. His story is one that’s deep and personal, one I’ve never shared with anyone but those in my closest inner circle. I don’t think anyone outside that circle even knows about it. That story came to an end on the weekend of my last victory, which came in October 2013 in Charlotte.
You can view the full blog here, as it’s a very well-done piece on this friend’s rise and fall.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5