Mar 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Okay, the first two episodes of Tony Stewart‘s new online series “Smoke Is The Bandit” were admittedly cheesy … but funny.
But Thursday’s release of Episode 3: The Interview is downright hokey. And that’s being kind.
Still channeling the Burt Reynolds/The Bandit persona, Stewart “picks up” ESPN broadcaster Nicole Briscoe – dressed in a white wedding dress ala “Frog” (Sally Field) from the original movie “Smokey and the Bandit.”
Briscoe goes along with the gag, thinking she’ll get an exclusive interview with Stewart in return.
But Tony sinks further into his Bandit alter ego and Briscoe essentially tells him to take the interview and, well, you can figure out the rest.
Let’s just hope Episode 4, due to be released next week, is better. That, or maybe it’s time to bring in a new crew of scriptwriters.
Check out Episode 3: The Interview below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 4
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 12
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0