Mar 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Okay, the first two episodes of Tony Stewart‘s new online series “Smoke Is The Bandit” were admittedly cheesy … but funny.
But Thursday’s release of Episode 3: The Interview is downright hokey. And that’s being kind.
Still channeling the Burt Reynolds/The Bandit persona, Stewart “picks up” ESPN broadcaster Nicole Briscoe – dressed in a white wedding dress ala “Frog” (Sally Field) from the original movie “Smokey and the Bandit.”
Briscoe goes along with the gag, thinking she’ll get an exclusive interview with Stewart in return.
But Tony sinks further into his Bandit alter ego and Briscoe essentially tells him to take the interview and, well, you can figure out the rest.
Let’s just hope Episode 4, due to be released next week, is better. That, or maybe it’s time to bring in a new crew of scriptwriters.
Check out Episode 3: The Interview below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach and Barber debrief 0
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 1
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 12
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0