Mar 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Okay, the first two episodes of Tony Stewart‘s new online series “Smoke Is The Bandit” were admittedly cheesy … but funny.
But Thursday’s release of Episode 3: The Interview is downright hokey. And that’s being kind.
Still channeling the Burt Reynolds/The Bandit persona, Stewart “picks up” ESPN broadcaster Nicole Briscoe – dressed in a white wedding dress ala “Frog” (Sally Field) from the original movie “Smokey and the Bandit.”
Briscoe goes along with the gag, thinking she’ll get an exclusive interview with Stewart in return.
But Tony sinks further into his Bandit alter ego and Briscoe essentially tells him to take the interview and, well, you can figure out the rest.
Let’s just hope Episode 4, due to be released next week, is better. That, or maybe it’s time to bring in a new crew of scriptwriters.
Check out Episode 3: The Interview below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 8
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 12
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 3
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2