Mar 13, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Okay, the first two episodes of Tony Stewart‘s new online series “Smoke Is The Bandit” were admittedly cheesy … but funny.
But Thursday’s release of Episode 3: The Interview is downright hokey. And that’s being kind.
Still channeling the Burt Reynolds/The Bandit persona, Stewart “picks up” ESPN broadcaster Nicole Briscoe – dressed in a white wedding dress ala “Frog” (Sally Field) from the original movie “Smokey and the Bandit.”
Briscoe goes along with the gag, thinking she’ll get an exclusive interview with Stewart in return.
But Tony sinks further into his Bandit alter ego and Briscoe essentially tells him to take the interview and, well, you can figure out the rest.
Let’s just hope Episode 4, due to be released next week, is better. That, or maybe it’s time to bring in a new crew of scriptwriters.
Check out Episode 3: The Interview below:
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- NASCAR AMERICA: Thursday round-up (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 1
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12