Mar 13, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
A new era of Formula 1 gets underway today with the first practice session for the Australian Grand Prix. You can watch the session live on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
As per usual, Albert Park in Melbourne acts as the curtain raiser for the Formula 1 season, but with reliability being such a key concern for all of the teams at the opening round of the season, it could turn out to be a very interesting weekend.
Ahead of practice, Mercedes have been working on Lewis Hamilton’s car following an engine problem, whilst Red Bull are thought to have Sebastian Vettel’s RB10 in pieces, meaning that he may not get out until later on in the session.
For Williams, it is a very different story as both Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas are ready to go and start a brand new era for the team following a barren few years in Formula 1.
Coverage of FP1 begins at 9:30pm ET. CLICK HERE to watch it live on Live Extra.
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and he wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14