Mar 13, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
A new era of Formula 1 gets underway today with the first practice session for the Australian Grand Prix. You can watch the session live on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra.
As per usual, Albert Park in Melbourne acts as the curtain raiser for the Formula 1 season, but with reliability being such a key concern for all of the teams at the opening round of the season, it could turn out to be a very interesting weekend.
Ahead of practice, Mercedes have been working on Lewis Hamilton’s car following an engine problem, whilst Red Bull are thought to have Sebastian Vettel’s RB10 in pieces, meaning that he may not get out until later on in the session.
For Williams, it is a very different story as both Felipe Massa and Valtteri Bottas are ready to go and start a brand new era for the team following a barren few years in Formula 1.
Coverage of FP1 begins at 9:30pm ET. CLICK HERE to watch it live on Live Extra.
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 0
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 1
- Hamilton storms to home pole position at British GP 3
- Hamilton closes out British GP practice fastest 0