Mar 14, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Sebastien Bourdais (P and overall), Bruno Junqueira (PC), Michael Christensen (GTLM) and Dane Cameron (GTD) have secured the four pole positions for Saturday’s Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
Bourdais laid down a 1:51.917 to score the top spot for the Rolex 24 at Daytona-winning No. 5 Action Express Racing Corvette DP. He’ll co-drive in the second round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season with Joao Barbosa and Christian Fittipaldi.
Olivier Pla took OAK Racing’s No. 42 Morgan Nissan to second at 1:52.086. He’ll co-drive with Alex Brundle and Gustavo Yacaman.
Junqueira laid down a ridiculously quick time in the spec-ORECA FLM09 class, some 0.76 seconds clear of the field in the No. 09 RSR Racing entry. His time of 1:54.839 makes his second pole at Sebring, as he also won the class pole for RSR in 2012.
The Brazilian will co-drive with Duncan Ende and David Heinemeier Hansson in Saturday’s race.
The 8Star and Performance Tech PC class cars were second and third.
Porsche North America took the GT Le Mans class pole with Sebring debutante Michael Christensen in the No. 912 Porsche 911 RSR at 1:58.933. His co-drivers are Patrick Long and Jorg Bergmeister.
Two Porsches, BMWS and Corvettes apiece made up the top six, and combined were separated by under four tenths of a second.
Dane Cameron took the GT Daytona class pole in the No. 94 Turner Motorsport BMW Z4 GT3, at a track that suits this car better. His co-drivers for Saturday are Paul Dalla Lana, Markus Palttala and Shane Lewis.
Cameron’s time of 2:04.258 was one-hundredth of a second better than the second-placed Leh Keen in the No. 22 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT America.
An SRT Viper GT3-R, Aston Martin Vantage and Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 apiece rounded out the top five in class.
The race goes green past 10:15 a.m. ET on Saturday morning.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 1
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 18
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 1
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 5
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1