Mar 14, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
Schmidt Peterson Motorsports has confirmed its third of likely four drivers for the 2014 Indy Lights Presented by Cooper Tires campaign.
The team has signed 21-year-old Colombian Juan Piedrahita, and he’ll join teammates Jack Harvey and Juan Pablo Garcia. Ex-GP2 driver Luiz Razia has also tested for the team throughout this winter.
Piedrahita has spent two years in Pro Mazda and a year in USF2000 before that, so he moves up to Indy Lights with three years already under his belt in the Mazda Road to Indy ladder.
“After two successful full seasons in Pro Mazda, I feel that I’m ready to take another step and race in Indy Lights,” Piedrahita said in a team release. “And it doesn’t get any better than to take this big step with a championship-winning team like Schmidt Peterson Motorsports!”
The season kicks off alongside the Verizon IndyCar Series at St. Petersburg the weekend of March 28-30.
Video from NASCAR America
- Ferrari chairman expects another tough season in 2015 0
- Carl Edwards: “I plan on winning 10 races and the championship” 3
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 1
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 53
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4