Mar 14, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Disney has a “Disney World” and a “Disney Land” theme park. Soon, Ferrari will have the same.
The iconic car-maker created the Ferrari World complex in Abu Dhabi in 2010, which boasts the world’s fastest roller coaster. And in 2016, they’ll be ready to open up Ferrari Land in Spain’s PortAventura resort outside Barcelona.
The 75,000-square meter Ferrari Land park will feature Europe’s highest and fastest vertical accelerator rides and a 250-room hotel that will bear the shape of an Formula One front wing (dressed in Scuderia scarlet, of course).
One figures Ferrari’s popularity in the country thanks to two-time Spanish World Champion Fernando Alonso played at least a tiny role in the Prancing Horse’s decision to build their newest attraction in Spain. The total investment for Ferrari Land is expected to be around 100 million Euros.
While acknowledging that his company looked forward to the opportunity to “bring the Ferrari allure in Spain where there are a lot of supporters and fans,” Ferrari Brand managing director Andrea Perroni said in a release that the park would also “appeal to entire families as well as Formula One supporters.”
“We will continue to further look at the launch of additional Ferrari theme parks outside of Europe with no rush, while continuing to maximize the value of our prestigious brand without diluting it,” Perrone added.
The PortAventura resort currently brings in more than four million visitors per year, nearly half of them from outside Spain.
Video from NASCAR America
- Joey Logano avoids “yellow fever,” wins at N.H. to advance in Chase 1
- Wreck involves several Chase drivers; Keselowski spins, suffers minor damage 0
- Rosberg reflects on a tough day in Singapore (VIDEO) 1
- Reports: 2015 Sprint Cup rules package expected to be released on Tuesday 0
- Hamilton rules in Singapore to re-take championship lead as Rosberg retires 0
- Rosberg forced to retire in Singapore after electrical glitch 0
- Brendan Gaughan takes lead with 6 laps to go, wins Nationwide at Kentucky 0