Mar 14, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Disney has a “Disney World” and a “Disney Land” theme park. Soon, Ferrari will have the same.
The iconic car-maker created the Ferrari World complex in Abu Dhabi in 2010, which boasts the world’s fastest roller coaster. And in 2016, they’ll be ready to open up Ferrari Land in Spain’s PortAventura resort outside Barcelona.
The 75,000-square meter Ferrari Land park will feature Europe’s highest and fastest vertical accelerator rides and a 250-room hotel that will bear the shape of an Formula One front wing (dressed in Scuderia scarlet, of course).
One figures Ferrari’s popularity in the country thanks to two-time Spanish World Champion Fernando Alonso played at least a tiny role in the Prancing Horse’s decision to build their newest attraction in Spain. The total investment for Ferrari Land is expected to be around 100 million Euros.
While acknowledging that his company looked forward to the opportunity to “bring the Ferrari allure in Spain where there are a lot of supporters and fans,” Ferrari Brand managing director Andrea Perroni said in a release that the park would also “appeal to entire families as well as Formula One supporters.”
“We will continue to further look at the launch of additional Ferrari theme parks outside of Europe with no rush, while continuing to maximize the value of our prestigious brand without diluting it,” Perrone added.
The PortAventura resort currently brings in more than four million visitors per year, nearly half of them from outside Spain.
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 4
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 13
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 6
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 4