Mar 15, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
The Formula One paddock at Melbourne is starting to come to life ahead of this evening’s Australian Grand Prix, which you can watch LIVE on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra tonight at 1:30 a.m. ET.
Some of the teams have arrived at the circuit to begin making final preparations for tonight’s F1 season opener, including Mercedes, which will have both polesitter Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg within the first two rows at Lights Out.
McLaren has also made their way to Albert Park. Their young rookie, Kevin Magnussen, was impressive in qualifying yesterday and he’ll look to carry that over into his first Grand Prix.
Also on the scene now is Williams, which has been solid throughout the winter testing but will have work to do this afternoon. Veteran Felipe Massa rolls off ninth, while Valtteri Bottas has to start 15th after his team opted to replace the gearbox on his car – incurring a five-spot grid penalty in the process.
Rest assured, it won’t be quiet for too much longer…
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 15
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 52