Mar 15, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
The Formula One paddock at Melbourne is starting to come to life ahead of this evening’s Australian Grand Prix, which you can watch LIVE on NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra tonight at 1:30 a.m. ET.
Some of the teams have arrived at the circuit to begin making final preparations for tonight’s F1 season opener, including Mercedes, which will have both polesitter Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg within the first two rows at Lights Out.
McLaren has also made their way to Albert Park. Their young rookie, Kevin Magnussen, was impressive in qualifying yesterday and he’ll look to carry that over into his first Grand Prix.
Also on the scene now is Williams, which has been solid throughout the winter testing but will have work to do this afternoon. Veteran Felipe Massa rolls off ninth, while Valtteri Bottas has to start 15th after his team opted to replace the gearbox on his car – incurring a five-spot grid penalty in the process.
Rest assured, it won’t be quiet for too much longer…
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery 2
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 5