Mar 15, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
If you’re planning on attending Sunday’s Food City 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway, bring your umbrella.
And if you intend on watching the race on TV, you might want to keep your remote control handy or have backup plans to fill the time, just in case.
The dirtiest word in NASCAR is the reason: rain.
As of 10:30 am ET on Saturday, the National Weather Service was calling for a 100 percent chance of rain starting early Sunday morning and continuing throughout the day, dropping only slightly to an 80 percent chance of rain in the evening.
Sunday’s predicted high will only be 54 degrees, while the low is expected to dip to 38 degrees.
While BMS does have lights and the Air Titan track dryer will be on hand, be prepared for a long day’s journey into night … if not into Monday (60 percent chance of rain predicted and a high of only 47 degrees).
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1