Mar 15, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
If you’re planning on attending Sunday’s Food City 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway, bring your umbrella.
And if you intend on watching the race on TV, you might want to keep your remote control handy or have backup plans to fill the time, just in case.
The dirtiest word in NASCAR is the reason: rain.
As of 10:30 am ET on Saturday, the National Weather Service was calling for a 100 percent chance of rain starting early Sunday morning and continuing throughout the day, dropping only slightly to an 80 percent chance of rain in the evening.
Sunday’s predicted high will only be 54 degrees, while the low is expected to dip to 38 degrees.
While BMS does have lights and the Air Titan track dryer will be on hand, be prepared for a long day’s journey into night … if not into Monday (60 percent chance of rain predicted and a high of only 47 degrees).
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0