Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Hours before Brad Keselowski took his No. 2 Team Penske Ford to Victory Lane at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last Sunday, the automotive world lost a giant with the passing of William Clay Ford.
The Ford Motor Company’s director emeritus and owner of the NFL’s Detroit Lions died early that morning from pneumonia at the age of 88. Keselowski, along with fellow Ford driver Carl Edwards, made sure to send their best wishes to the Ford family after the Kobalt 400.
This weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway, the Blue Oval teams are remembering Mr. Ford with this special decal placed on the cars:
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Brad Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0