Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Hours before Brad Keselowski took his No. 2 Team Penske Ford to Victory Lane at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last Sunday, the automotive world lost a giant with the passing of William Clay Ford.
The Ford Motor Company’s director emeritus and owner of the NFL’s Detroit Lions died early that morning from pneumonia at the age of 88. Keselowski, along with fellow Ford driver Carl Edwards, made sure to send their best wishes to the Ford family after the Kobalt 400.
This weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway, the Blue Oval teams are remembering Mr. Ford with this special decal placed on the cars:
- WATCH LIVE: Monaco GP Race Day on NBCSN and Live Extra from 7am, NBC from 7:30am 0
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0