Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Hours before Brad Keselowski took his No. 2 Team Penske Ford to Victory Lane at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last Sunday, the automotive world lost a giant with the passing of William Clay Ford.
The Ford Motor Company’s director emeritus and owner of the NFL’s Detroit Lions died early that morning from pneumonia at the age of 88. Keselowski, along with fellow Ford driver Carl Edwards, made sure to send their best wishes to the Ford family after the Kobalt 400.
This weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway, the Blue Oval teams are remembering Mr. Ford with this special decal placed on the cars:
Video from NASCAR America
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 0
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1
- Different agendas for Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. at Homestead test 2
- NBC, NBCSN set for mega U.S. Grand Prix weekend of coverage from Austin 2