Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
Hours before Brad Keselowski took his No. 2 Team Penske Ford to Victory Lane at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last Sunday, the automotive world lost a giant with the passing of William Clay Ford.
The Ford Motor Company’s director emeritus and owner of the NFL’s Detroit Lions died early that morning from pneumonia at the age of 88. Keselowski, along with fellow Ford driver Carl Edwards, made sure to send their best wishes to the Ford family after the Kobalt 400.
This weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway, the Blue Oval teams are remembering Mr. Ford with this special decal placed on the cars:
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1