Mar 15, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Hours before Brad Keselowski took his No. 2 Team Penske Ford to Victory Lane at Las Vegas Motor Speedway last Sunday, the automotive world lost a giant with the passing of William Clay Ford.
The Ford Motor Company’s director emeritus and owner of the NFL’s Detroit Lions died early that morning from pneumonia at the age of 88. Keselowski, along with fellow Ford driver Carl Edwards, made sure to send their best wishes to the Ford family after the Kobalt 400.
This weekend at Bristol Motor Speedway, the Blue Oval teams are remembering Mr. Ford with this special decal placed on the cars:
Video from NASCAR America
- F1 2014 Driver Review: Lewis Hamilton 0
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6