Mar 16, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Ever since Ellen DeGeneres hit “tweet” on her Oscar night photo with A-list Hollywood superstars, the “selfie” has become all the rage. Even Formula One got into the act when Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso found a riff on the DeGeneres photo that had F1 drivers in place of the celebrities.
With not much to do during yesterday’s rain delay at Bristol Motor Speedway, NASCAR drivers, teams and fans created the #NASCARselfie – which wound up briefly trending on Twitter in the United States.
Here’s a collection of some of the drivers that took part, and said collection starts off fittingly with NASCAR’s most popular driver and Sprint Cup points leader Dale Earnhardt Jr. along with his No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports team.
Danica Patrick and Stewart-Haas Racing
Austin Dillon and Richard Childress Racing
Parker Kligerman and Swan Racing
Denny Hamlin and Joe Gibbs Racing crew chief Darian Grubb (with Hamlin’s daughter, Taylor)
Alex Bowman and BK Racing
If you want to see fans taking part in the trend, NASCAR’s fan-centric Twitter account – @NASCARNation – has plenty of those pictures.
- Bourdais quickest in opening practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 0
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 0
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 8
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1