Mar 16, 2014, 6:22 PM EDT
Ever since Ellen DeGeneres hit “tweet” on her Oscar night photo with A-list Hollywood superstars, the “selfie” has become all the rage. Even Formula One got into the act when Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso found a riff on the DeGeneres photo that had F1 drivers in place of the celebrities.
With not much to do during yesterday’s rain delay at Bristol Motor Speedway, NASCAR drivers, teams and fans created the #NASCARselfie – which wound up briefly trending on Twitter in the United States.
Here’s a collection of some of the drivers that took part, and said collection starts off fittingly with NASCAR’s most popular driver and Sprint Cup points leader Dale Earnhardt Jr. along with his No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports team.
Danica Patrick and Stewart-Haas Racing
Austin Dillon and Richard Childress Racing
Parker Kligerman and Swan Racing
Denny Hamlin and Joe Gibbs Racing crew chief Darian Grubb (with Hamlin’s daughter, Taylor)
Alex Bowman and BK Racing
If you want to see fans taking part in the trend, NASCAR’s fan-centric Twitter account – @NASCARNation – has plenty of those pictures.
- IndyCar beats the rain, Castroneves, Penske beats the field in Barber qualifying (VIDEO) 0
- WSR: Rowland wins Formula Renault 3.5 season-opener at Motorland Aragon 0
- Preview: Barber marks end of IndyCar’s first quarter of 2015 (VIDEO) 0
- Ryan Hunter-Reay looks to right 2015 season by completing winning trilogy at Barber Motorsports Park 0
- As GP2 turns 10 years old, where is the Class of ’05 now? 0
- Here’s your IndyCar times for this weekend’s Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama 0
- F1: Year-on-year, Ferrari’s gains, Mercedes’ continued edge reins after four races 1