Mar 16, 2014, 6:22 PM EST
Ever since Ellen DeGeneres hit “tweet” on her Oscar night photo with A-list Hollywood superstars, the “selfie” has become all the rage. Even Formula One got into the act when Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso found a riff on the DeGeneres photo that had F1 drivers in place of the celebrities.
With not much to do during yesterday’s rain delay at Bristol Motor Speedway, NASCAR drivers, teams and fans created the #NASCARselfie – which wound up briefly trending on Twitter in the United States.
Here’s a collection of some of the drivers that took part, and said collection starts off fittingly with NASCAR’s most popular driver and Sprint Cup points leader Dale Earnhardt Jr. along with his No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports team.
Danica Patrick and Stewart-Haas Racing
Austin Dillon and Richard Childress Racing
Parker Kligerman and Swan Racing
Denny Hamlin and Joe Gibbs Racing crew chief Darian Grubb (with Hamlin’s daughter, Taylor)
Alex Bowman and BK Racing
If you want to see fans taking part in the trend, NASCAR’s fan-centric Twitter account – @NASCARNation – has plenty of those pictures.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 1
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 1
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 1
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Jimmie Johnson: Kevin Harvick winning Sprint Cup title was “the right thing” 21