Mar 16, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
A brand new era of Formula 1 is set to get underway in less than an hour’s time in Australia at the beginning of the 2014 season, and you can watch live on NBCSN and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to tune in via the live stream.
In qualifying yesterday, Lewis Hamilton managed to excel in the wet conditions to claim his 32nd career pole position and the 100th for a Mercedes-powered car. However, the Briton – chasing his second win down under – was nearly denied by home favorite Daniel Ricciardo, who fought back after a disastrous winter to put his Red Bull on the front row of the grid.
On debut, Kevin Magnussen was the star of qualifying to finish fourth, whilst fellow rookie Daniil Kvyat qualified eighth.
However, it was a difficult session for defending world champion Sebastian Vettel, who failed to qualify inside the top ten and will start from P12 today.
With new rules, new engines and a number of driver changes, the new era of Formula 1 that is beginning here today in Australia is hotly anticipated. It is hard to remember a grand prix being so looked forward to by fans, teams and drivers, meaning that this race is a must watch.
Our coverage starts at 1:30am ET on NBCSN and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch the live stream.
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 2
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1
- Joey Logano: ‘We’re ready’ to win Sprint Cup championship 1