Mar 16, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
A brand new era of Formula 1 is set to get underway in less than an hour’s time in Australia at the beginning of the 2014 season, and you can watch live on NBCSN and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to tune in via the live stream.
In qualifying yesterday, Lewis Hamilton managed to excel in the wet conditions to claim his 32nd career pole position and the 100th for a Mercedes-powered car. However, the Briton – chasing his second win down under – was nearly denied by home favorite Daniel Ricciardo, who fought back after a disastrous winter to put his Red Bull on the front row of the grid.
On debut, Kevin Magnussen was the star of qualifying to finish fourth, whilst fellow rookie Daniil Kvyat qualified eighth.
However, it was a difficult session for defending world champion Sebastian Vettel, who failed to qualify inside the top ten and will start from P12 today.
With new rules, new engines and a number of driver changes, the new era of Formula 1 that is beginning here today in Australia is hotly anticipated. It is hard to remember a grand prix being so looked forward to by fans, teams and drivers, meaning that this race is a must watch.
Our coverage starts at 1:30am ET on NBCSN and Live Extra. CLICK HERE to watch the live stream.
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 2
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 12
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0