Mar 17, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Over the weekend and into Monday, a few more IndyCar-related news and notes emerged beyond what we discovered during the week at Sebring. Here’s a quick recap:
- Honda Performance Development’s technical director Roger Griffiths tendered his resignation late last week, confirmed by an HPD spokesperson. All HPD drivers in both open-wheel and sports car racing were briefed on the news over the weekend. Suffice to say the news comes as a surprise, and how HPD will move forward from a technical personnel standpoint is yet to be determined.
- KVSH Racing revealed HYDROXYCUT will continue as a co-primary sponsor of Sebastien Bourdais’ No. 11 Chevrolet entry this season and 2015. HYDROXYCUT colors will be on the car at St. Petersburg, Barber, Texas, Pocono, Toronto, Sonoma and Fontana. Mistic Electronic Cigarettes will be the primary sponsor for the seven remaining events in 2014 as well as the co-primary sponsor for the 2014 Indianapolis 500. Here’s the car:
- Bourdais’ No. 11 isn’t the only one sporting new colors thus far. So too will Josef Newgarden’s No. 67 Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing Honda, now adorned in the more prominent white and black of team co-owner Wink Hartman’s Hartman Oil brand.
- Bubba Wallace leads after first of three segments in MudSummer Classic at Eldora 0
- Kurt Busch 25th in Sprint Cup points — IndyCar, too 0
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 5
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 13