Mar 17, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
If any of the drivers in the Verizon IndyCar Series want to make like Kenny Brack and Patrick Carpentier did in the early 2000s and form a rock band, they may want to give rookie Mikhail Aleshin a call.
The Russian driver for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports is a newcomer to American racing and we don’t know how quickly he’ll adapt this season. But what we do know is that Aleshin can play a good riff or two on the guitar.
In town for today and tomorrow’s Verizon IndyCar Series Open Test at Barber Motorsports Park, Aleshin and veteran teammate Simon Pagenaud stopped in, presumably beforehand, at a nearby guitar shop.
There, Aleshin showed off his musical prowess while Pagenaud, a novice with the guitar, sought to learn as best he could.
SPM captured it all on video, so check out the clip above and you can see for yourself if those lessons took.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0