Mar 17, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
If any of the drivers in the Verizon IndyCar Series want to make like Kenny Brack and Patrick Carpentier did in the early 2000s and form a rock band, they may want to give rookie Mikhail Aleshin a call.
The Russian driver for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports is a newcomer to American racing and we don’t know how quickly he’ll adapt this season. But what we do know is that Aleshin can play a good riff or two on the guitar.
In town for today and tomorrow’s Verizon IndyCar Series Open Test at Barber Motorsports Park, Aleshin and veteran teammate Simon Pagenaud stopped in, presumably beforehand, at a nearby guitar shop.
There, Aleshin showed off his musical prowess while Pagenaud, a novice with the guitar, sought to learn as best he could.
SPM captured it all on video, so check out the clip above and you can see for yourself if those lessons took.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 11
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0