Mar 17, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
If any of the drivers in the Verizon IndyCar Series want to make like Kenny Brack and Patrick Carpentier did in the early 2000s and form a rock band, they may want to give rookie Mikhail Aleshin a call.
The Russian driver for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports is a newcomer to American racing and we don’t know how quickly he’ll adapt this season. But what we do know is that Aleshin can play a good riff or two on the guitar.
In town for today and tomorrow’s Verizon IndyCar Series Open Test at Barber Motorsports Park, Aleshin and veteran teammate Simon Pagenaud stopped in, presumably beforehand, at a nearby guitar shop.
There, Aleshin showed off his musical prowess while Pagenaud, a novice with the guitar, sought to learn as best he could.
SPM captured it all on video, so check out the clip above and you can see for yourself if those lessons took.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 1
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 3
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2