Mar 17, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
If any of the drivers in the Verizon IndyCar Series want to make like Kenny Brack and Patrick Carpentier did in the early 2000s and form a rock band, they may want to give rookie Mikhail Aleshin a call.
The Russian driver for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports is a newcomer to American racing and we don’t know how quickly he’ll adapt this season. But what we do know is that Aleshin can play a good riff or two on the guitar.
In town for today and tomorrow’s Verizon IndyCar Series Open Test at Barber Motorsports Park, Aleshin and veteran teammate Simon Pagenaud stopped in, presumably beforehand, at a nearby guitar shop.
There, Aleshin showed off his musical prowess while Pagenaud, a novice with the guitar, sought to learn as best he could.
SPM captured it all on video, so check out the clip above and you can see for yourself if those lessons took.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1