Mar 17, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
If any of the drivers in the Verizon IndyCar Series want to make like Kenny Brack and Patrick Carpentier did in the early 2000s and form a rock band, they may want to give rookie Mikhail Aleshin a call.
The Russian driver for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports is a newcomer to American racing and we don’t know how quickly he’ll adapt this season. But what we do know is that Aleshin can play a good riff or two on the guitar.
In town for today and tomorrow’s Verizon IndyCar Series Open Test at Barber Motorsports Park, Aleshin and veteran teammate Simon Pagenaud stopped in, presumably beforehand, at a nearby guitar shop.
There, Aleshin showed off his musical prowess while Pagenaud, a novice with the guitar, sought to learn as best he could.
SPM captured it all on video, so check out the clip above and you can see for yourself if those lessons took.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5