Mar 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Back in February, NBCSN Formula One insider Will Buxton got to temporarily trade in his microphone for a racing helmet as he competed in the Ferrari-backed Florida Winter Series at Palm Beach International Raceway.
The energetic reporter went up against some of the Scuderia’s brightest prospects from the Ferrari Driver Academy, as well as other promising youngsters looking to make their way up the formula racing ladder.
An all-new NBCSports.com series has been created around Buxton’s turn behind the wheel, and in this opening episode, he talks with both the Academy’s head, Luca Baldisserri, and one of his soon-to-be rivals, Canadian pilot Nicholas Latifi, as he prepares himself for the challenge.
You can watch Episode 1 of Will Buxton’s Racing Debut above, and you can expect more episodes to come in the weeks ahead.
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 3
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 4
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 15