Mar 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Back in February, NBCSN Formula One insider Will Buxton got to temporarily trade in his microphone for a racing helmet as he competed in the Ferrari-backed Florida Winter Series at Palm Beach International Raceway.
The energetic reporter went up against some of the Scuderia’s brightest prospects from the Ferrari Driver Academy, as well as other promising youngsters looking to make their way up the formula racing ladder.
An all-new NBCSports.com series has been created around Buxton’s turn behind the wheel, and in this opening episode, he talks with both the Academy’s head, Luca Baldisserri, and one of his soon-to-be rivals, Canadian pilot Nicholas Latifi, as he prepares himself for the challenge.
You can watch Episode 1 of Will Buxton’s Racing Debut above, and you can expect more episodes to come in the weeks ahead.
- Munoz wins rain-shortened first race in Detroit 1
- Action Express wins; safety worker taken to hospital in TUDOR race at Detroit 0
- The week that was for Juan Pablo Montoya 0
- Power wins Verizon P1 Award in Detroit with new track record 1
- Preview: Detroit’s doubleheader a crucial weekend for IndyCar championship 0
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 2
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 7