Mar 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Back in February, NBCSN Formula One insider Will Buxton got to temporarily trade in his microphone for a racing helmet as he competed in the Ferrari-backed Florida Winter Series at Palm Beach International Raceway.
The energetic reporter went up against some of the Scuderia’s brightest prospects from the Ferrari Driver Academy, as well as other promising youngsters looking to make their way up the formula racing ladder.
An all-new NBCSports.com series has been created around Buxton’s turn behind the wheel, and in this opening episode, he talks with both the Academy’s head, Luca Baldisserri, and one of his soon-to-be rivals, Canadian pilot Nicholas Latifi, as he prepares himself for the challenge.
You can watch Episode 1 of Will Buxton’s Racing Debut above, and you can expect more episodes to come in the weeks ahead.
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 1
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0