Mar 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Back in February, NBCSN Formula One insider Will Buxton got to temporarily trade in his microphone for a racing helmet as he competed in the Ferrari-backed Florida Winter Series at Palm Beach International Raceway.
The energetic reporter went up against some of the Scuderia’s brightest prospects from the Ferrari Driver Academy, as well as other promising youngsters looking to make their way up the formula racing ladder.
An all-new NBCSports.com series has been created around Buxton’s turn behind the wheel, and in this opening episode, he talks with both the Academy’s head, Luca Baldisserri, and one of his soon-to-be rivals, Canadian pilot Nicholas Latifi, as he prepares himself for the challenge.
You can watch Episode 1 of Will Buxton’s Racing Debut above, and you can expect more episodes to come in the weeks ahead.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 9
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 9
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1