Mar 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Back in February, NBCSN Formula One insider Will Buxton got to temporarily trade in his microphone for a racing helmet as he competed in the Ferrari-backed Florida Winter Series at Palm Beach International Raceway.
The energetic reporter went up against some of the Scuderia’s brightest prospects from the Ferrari Driver Academy, as well as other promising youngsters looking to make their way up the formula racing ladder.
An all-new NBCSports.com series has been created around Buxton’s turn behind the wheel, and in this opening episode, he talks with both the Academy’s head, Luca Baldisserri, and one of his soon-to-be rivals, Canadian pilot Nicholas Latifi, as he prepares himself for the challenge.
You can watch Episode 1 of Will Buxton’s Racing Debut above, and you can expect more episodes to come in the weeks ahead.
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 7
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0