Mar 18, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
Indianapolis Motor Speedway’s run of announcements continues with Tuesday’s confirmation of Sammy Hagar and Sublime with Rome will be the Coors Light Carb Day concert this year, on Friday, May 23.
It’s one of three separate concerts spread over three days that spans several demographics and should hit a crowd anywhere from 18 to 55. The Carb Day concert on Friday kicks things off, followed by the Jason Aldean Legends Day concert on Saturday and the Snake Pit concert Sunday, anchored by DJ Hardwell.
Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Hagar performs with The Wabos, and the reggae rock group Sublime with Rome brings another blend to the stage.
“Coors Light Carb Day has become one of the most anticipated and busiest days of the year at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway,” J. Douglas Boles, IMS president said in a release.
Besides the concert, Carb Day also usually includes the last day of on-track action at IMS before the Indianapolis 500. The one-hour Carb Day practice, Freedom 100 Indy Lights race and Pit Stop Competition have been staples in years past.
The on-track schedule for 2014 Carb Day is yet to be finalized, as there is the possibility of more practice being added somewhere in the week after Sunday, May 18, when the pole for the 500 will be set.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5