Mar 18, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Since departing from NBC’s late night staple, The Tonight Show, Jay Leno has done his best to keep himself busy. As was expected by some, he’s devoted some of his time to projects surrounding his auto-centric website, Jay Leno’s Garage.
Last year, the entertainer took a few laps around Circuit of the Americas in a McLaren sportscar as part of a side-by-side comparison with one of the team’s Formula One machines.
Now, Leno’s released a new video of him testing the Mini that took Spanish racer Nani Roma to victory in this year’s Dakar Rally.
After Roma gives Leno a tour of his heavily modified Dakar machine, he takes him for a run through the dunes of Death Valley, California before letting him get behind the wheel.
You can check out the clip above to see how Leno fared.
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 1
- Report: Alex Zanardi keen to make Indianapolis 500 debut 5
- Ten with Townsend: Milwaukee and Iowa debrief 0
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 3
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1