Mar 18, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Since departing from NBC’s late night staple, The Tonight Show, Jay Leno has done his best to keep himself busy. As was expected by some, he’s devoted some of his time to projects surrounding his auto-centric website, Jay Leno’s Garage.
Last year, the entertainer took a few laps around Circuit of the Americas in a McLaren sportscar as part of a side-by-side comparison with one of the team’s Formula One machines.
Now, Leno’s released a new video of him testing the Mini that took Spanish racer Nani Roma to victory in this year’s Dakar Rally.
After Roma gives Leno a tour of his heavily modified Dakar machine, he takes him for a run through the dunes of Death Valley, California before letting him get behind the wheel.
You can check out the clip above to see how Leno fared.
Video from NASCAR America
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 2
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 2
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1