Mar 18, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Unofficial theme song of a pair of tests this week is CCR’s “Who’ll Stop the Rain.”
That’s because a NASCAR test in Martinsville Speedway today, scheduled to feature JTG Daugherty Racing’s AJ Allmendinger and Tommy Baldwin Racing’s Michael Annett, has been canceled for the day due to rain per Motor Racing Network’s Dustin Long.
— Motor Racing Network (@MRNRadio) March 18, 2014
Meanwhile in Birmingham, Ala., site of the Verizon IndyCar Series’ official preseason test at Barber Motorsports Park, rain has delayed the start of running for the second consecutive day. Past 10:30 a.m. CT, the track did throw the green to officially begin the session.
Here’s what Andretti Autosport’s James Hinchcliffe is doing instead. Unlike his rookie year at Indianapolis when rain was a common thread throughout the month, at least he’s not planking.
Just about to go out aaaaannnnd rain. Blah. I’ve literally taken to throwing a tennis ball against a wall. #Recess
— James Hinchcliffe (@Hinchtown) March 18, 2014
Hasn’t been just today where the “Mayor of Hinchtown” has felt responsible. This was his Monday analysis, before teams actually were able to go out.
I just got blamed for the cold weather here at Barber. #BlameCanada
— James Hinchcliffe (@Hinchtown) March 17, 2014
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP3 for the Belgian Grand Prix 0
- Ryan Blaney passes Kyle Busch on final restart, hangs on to win Nationwide race at Bristol 1
- Kevin Harvick edges Jeff Gordon for Bristol Sprint Cup pole 1
- Will A.J. Allmendinger seek payback for Brad Daugherty’s practical joke? 1
- 2015 NASCAR Schedule to be Revealed Tuesday, 5 p.m. ET, on special NASCAR AMERICA 0
- Rossi disappointed, but diplomatic, after Marussia no-go 1
- Hamilton strikes back to top FP2 ahead of Rosberg in Belgium 0