Mar 18, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
With NASCAR’s latest version of the Chase for the Sprint Cup, drivers simply need to win a race to virtually ensure a place in the ten-race playoff.
Those competitors and their teams can now go about racing hard without much to worry about, at least for now. As for the rest of the field, there’s still the urgency to get the win, make the Chase, and be done with it.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA – which you can catch today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and on NBC Sports Live Extra – analysts Jeff Burton, Kyle Petty, and former Sprint Cup champion Bobby Labonte will talk about the new ‘win and get in’ mentality that has emerged among drivers.
Also, NBCSN reporter Marty Snider will chat with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his Hendrick Motorsports crew chief, Steve Letarte, both of whom are looking to bounce back at Auto Club Speedway after their first subpar finish of the season last Sunday at Bristol.
Plus, we’ll take one more look back on that bizarre Food City 500 with the help of the best in-car radio transmissions from Sunday’s race.
Should you choose to watch today’s show online, just be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 0
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 2
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0