Mar 18, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
With NASCAR’s latest version of the Chase for the Sprint Cup, drivers simply need to win a race to virtually ensure a place in the ten-race playoff.
Those competitors and their teams can now go about racing hard without much to worry about, at least for now. As for the rest of the field, there’s still the urgency to get the win, make the Chase, and be done with it.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA – which you can catch today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and on NBC Sports Live Extra – analysts Jeff Burton, Kyle Petty, and former Sprint Cup champion Bobby Labonte will talk about the new ‘win and get in’ mentality that has emerged among drivers.
Also, NBCSN reporter Marty Snider will chat with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his Hendrick Motorsports crew chief, Steve Letarte, both of whom are looking to bounce back at Auto Club Speedway after their first subpar finish of the season last Sunday at Bristol.
Plus, we’ll take one more look back on that bizarre Food City 500 with the help of the best in-car radio transmissions from Sunday’s race.
Should you choose to watch today’s show online, just be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5