Mar 18, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
With NASCAR’s latest version of the Chase for the Sprint Cup, drivers simply need to win a race to virtually ensure a place in the ten-race playoff.
Those competitors and their teams can now go about racing hard without much to worry about, at least for now. As for the rest of the field, there’s still the urgency to get the win, make the Chase, and be done with it.
On today’s episode of NASCAR AMERICA – which you can catch today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and on NBC Sports Live Extra – analysts Jeff Burton, Kyle Petty, and former Sprint Cup champion Bobby Labonte will talk about the new ‘win and get in’ mentality that has emerged among drivers.
Also, NBCSN reporter Marty Snider will chat with Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his Hendrick Motorsports crew chief, Steve Letarte, both of whom are looking to bounce back at Auto Club Speedway after their first subpar finish of the season last Sunday at Bristol.
Plus, we’ll take one more look back on that bizarre Food City 500 with the help of the best in-car radio transmissions from Sunday’s race.
Should you choose to watch today’s show online, just be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified. Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- Bourdais quickest in opening practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 0
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 0
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1
- Exploring what’s next for Derrick Walker as he announces he’s leaving IndyCar 0
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 8
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1