Mar 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Bristol ended under an accidental yellow flag. The Formula One Australian Grand Prix ended in rout by Nico Rosberg’s Mercedes. The Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring ended with the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford EcoBoost Riley streaking away after the final restart.
So what was the best finish of the weekend? That would be D. None of the above.
In Thursday’s first race of the Mazda MX-5 Cup Series,, a support championship at Sebring, Alara Racing driver Kenton Koch made a last-lap, last-corner pass of John Dean II to capture the overall win in his series debut. Koch is the 2013 Skip Barber class champion in MX-5, and has moved into the top division of the series this year.
Ride on-board with Koch’s No. 12 car as he make the move to the inside and takes a debut victory.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3