Mar 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Bristol ended under an accidental yellow flag. The Formula One Australian Grand Prix ended in rout by Nico Rosberg’s Mercedes. The Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring ended with the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford EcoBoost Riley streaking away after the final restart.
So what was the best finish of the weekend? That would be D. None of the above.
In Thursday’s first race of the Mazda MX-5 Cup Series,, a support championship at Sebring, Alara Racing driver Kenton Koch made a last-lap, last-corner pass of John Dean II to capture the overall win in his series debut. Koch is the 2013 Skip Barber class champion in MX-5, and has moved into the top division of the series this year.
Ride on-board with Koch’s No. 12 car as he make the move to the inside and takes a debut victory.
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 0
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 1
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tames wet conditions to grab pole in Malaysia 1
- Rosberg closes out Malaysian GP practice fastest 0