Mar 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Bristol ended under an accidental yellow flag. The Formula One Australian Grand Prix ended in rout by Nico Rosberg’s Mercedes. The Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring ended with the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford EcoBoost Riley streaking away after the final restart.
So what was the best finish of the weekend? That would be D. None of the above.
In Thursday’s first race of the Mazda MX-5 Cup Series,, a support championship at Sebring, Alara Racing driver Kenton Koch made a last-lap, last-corner pass of John Dean II to capture the overall win in his series debut. Koch is the 2013 Skip Barber class champion in MX-5, and has moved into the top division of the series this year.
Ride on-board with Koch’s No. 12 car as he make the move to the inside and takes a debut victory.
- F1 Strategy Group pushing through technical revolution for 2017, other changes planned as early as Belgian GP 0
- 2015 British Grand Prix Preview 1
- Here are your British Grand Prix air times on CNBC, NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Miles: After “two-sided pancake” Fontana race, IndyCar may crack down against stakeholder comments 10
- IndyCar issues penalties and fines following MAVTV 500 at Fontana 4
- NHRA shakeup: Tom Compton retires as president, Peter Clifford named successor 6
- Ed Carpenter: driver criticism of IndyCar ‘confusing for fans’ 18