Mar 19, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Bristol ended under an accidental yellow flag. The Formula One Australian Grand Prix ended in rout by Nico Rosberg’s Mercedes. The Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring ended with the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford EcoBoost Riley streaking away after the final restart.
So what was the best finish of the weekend? That would be D. None of the above.
In Thursday’s first race of the Mazda MX-5 Cup Series,, a support championship at Sebring, Alara Racing driver Kenton Koch made a last-lap, last-corner pass of John Dean II to capture the overall win in his series debut. Koch is the 2013 Skip Barber class champion in MX-5, and has moved into the top division of the series this year.
Ride on-board with Koch’s No. 12 car as he make the move to the inside and takes a debut victory.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart’s return to NASCAR may be one of hardest things he’s ever done 12
- BREAKING NEWS: Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 19
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0
- IndyCar title quest continues for Helio Castroneves 0
- Could Tony Stewart return to race this weekend at Atlanta? 15
- Report: McLaren trying for Vettel or Alonso 8
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 3