Mar 19, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
After the introduction piece posted on Monday, Episode 2 of NBCSports.com’s series chronicling Formula One insider/pit reporter Will Buxton’s racing debut looks at the fitness element of racing – what it takes to wheel a car from behind the driver’s seat, since it is so much more than “sitting in a car and turning the wheel.”
Buxton had the opportunity to catch up with Formula 1 Driver Fitness Trainer Gerry Convy of Force India at the 2013 United States Grand Prix in Austin.
Then, we head to the gym. More episodes will be coming soon.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 0
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 1
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0