Mar 19, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
After the introduction piece posted on Monday, Episode 2 of NBCSports.com’s series chronicling Formula One insider/pit reporter Will Buxton’s racing debut looks at the fitness element of racing – what it takes to wheel a car from behind the driver’s seat, since it is so much more than “sitting in a car and turning the wheel.”
Buxton had the opportunity to catch up with Formula 1 Driver Fitness Trainer Gerry Convy of Force India at the 2013 United States Grand Prix in Austin.
Then, we head to the gym. More episodes will be coming soon.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart sets fastest qualifying speed ever on 1.5-mile track (200.111 mph), but Matt Kenseth wins pole at Texas 0
- United States GP Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0