Mar 19, 2014, 11:56 AM EST
After the introduction piece posted on Monday, Episode 2 of NBCSports.com’s series chronicling Formula One insider/pit reporter Will Buxton’s racing debut looks at the fitness element of racing – what it takes to wheel a car from behind the driver’s seat, since it is so much more than “sitting in a car and turning the wheel.”
Buxton had the opportunity to catch up with Formula 1 Driver Fitness Trainer Gerry Convy of Force India at the 2013 United States Grand Prix in Austin.
Then, we head to the gym. More episodes will be coming soon.
Video from NASCAR America
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0
- Why Hendrick won’t retire the No. 24 6
- Brasilia IndyCar race is canceled 3
- Rick Hendrick: No pressure on Jeff Gordon in final season, he just has to win 14 races and championship 4
- Column: Chase Elliott’s promotion perfectly timed for NASCAR 11
- Chase Elliott will replace Jeff Gordon as No. 24 driver next season 5
- Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery 0