Mar 19, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
After the introduction piece posted on Monday, Episode 2 of NBCSports.com’s series chronicling Formula One insider/pit reporter Will Buxton’s racing debut looks at the fitness element of racing – what it takes to wheel a car from behind the driver’s seat, since it is so much more than “sitting in a car and turning the wheel.”
Buxton had the opportunity to catch up with Formula 1 Driver Fitness Trainer Gerry Convy of Force India at the 2013 United States Grand Prix in Austin.
Then, we head to the gym. More episodes will be coming soon.
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9