Mar 19, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
After the introduction piece posted on Monday, Episode 2 of NBCSports.com’s series chronicling Formula One insider/pit reporter Will Buxton’s racing debut looks at the fitness element of racing – what it takes to wheel a car from behind the driver’s seat, since it is so much more than “sitting in a car and turning the wheel.”
Buxton had the opportunity to catch up with Formula 1 Driver Fitness Trainer Gerry Convy of Force India at the 2013 United States Grand Prix in Austin.
Then, we head to the gym. More episodes will be coming soon.
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 4
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 15