Mar 20, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Just two days before he was to make his anticipated return to racing, Bobby Hamilton Jr. will remain on the sidelines.
Carter 2 Motorsports announced Thursday that it has parted ways with Hamilton, who was to make his ARCA debut Saturday at the Mobile ARCA 200 at Mobile (Ala.) International Speedway.
“Carter 2 Motorsports announced today that the relationship between the ARCA Racing Series team and driver Bobby Hamilton, Jr. has been terminated, effective immediately,” a statement from team officials said. “Hamilton, Jr., acting on behalf of Precision MotorSports Limited, had signed a contract to drive for the team in February 2014, but was unable to uphold the financial terms of the agreement.
“Hamilton, Jr. along with his sponsor, St. Louis based Cherokee Charcoal, were equal partners in Precision MotorSports Limited. Carter 2 Motorsports has been in negotiations with representatives of Cherokee Charcoal this week in hopes of modifying the original agreement. Those negotiations were terminated.”
Hamilton was set to drive the No. 40 Carter 2 Motorsports Dodge Charger at Mobile, but will instead be replaced by Dustin Knowles, of Trussville, Ala., who will be making his ARCA debut.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 0
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 0
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 0
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 2