Mar 20, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Just two days before he was to make his anticipated return to racing, Bobby Hamilton Jr. will remain on the sidelines.
Carter 2 Motorsports announced Thursday that it has parted ways with Hamilton, who was to make his ARCA debut Saturday at the Mobile ARCA 200 at Mobile (Ala.) International Speedway.
“Carter 2 Motorsports announced today that the relationship between the ARCA Racing Series team and driver Bobby Hamilton, Jr. has been terminated, effective immediately,” a statement from team officials said. “Hamilton, Jr., acting on behalf of Precision MotorSports Limited, had signed a contract to drive for the team in February 2014, but was unable to uphold the financial terms of the agreement.
“Hamilton, Jr. along with his sponsor, St. Louis based Cherokee Charcoal, were equal partners in Precision MotorSports Limited. Carter 2 Motorsports has been in negotiations with representatives of Cherokee Charcoal this week in hopes of modifying the original agreement. Those negotiations were terminated.”
Hamilton was set to drive the No. 40 Carter 2 Motorsports Dodge Charger at Mobile, but will instead be replaced by Dustin Knowles, of Trussville, Ala., who will be making his ARCA debut.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 F1 championship showdown preview: Lewis Hamilton 0
- Hamilton quickest in second practice for Abu Dhabi GP 0
- First blood to Hamilton in Abu Dhabi as he tops FP1 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- The F1 champ is crowned on NBCSN from Abu Dhabi this weekend 0
- Alonso: My next move won’t be a surprise for anybody 0
- Will the weight of expectation prove to be too great for Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi? 1