Mar 20, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Just two days before he was to make his anticipated return to racing, Bobby Hamilton Jr. will remain on the sidelines.
Carter 2 Motorsports announced Thursday that it has parted ways with Hamilton, who was to make his ARCA debut Saturday at the Mobile ARCA 200 at Mobile (Ala.) International Speedway.
“Carter 2 Motorsports announced today that the relationship between the ARCA Racing Series team and driver Bobby Hamilton, Jr. has been terminated, effective immediately,” a statement from team officials said. “Hamilton, Jr., acting on behalf of Precision MotorSports Limited, had signed a contract to drive for the team in February 2014, but was unable to uphold the financial terms of the agreement.
“Hamilton, Jr. along with his sponsor, St. Louis based Cherokee Charcoal, were equal partners in Precision MotorSports Limited. Carter 2 Motorsports has been in negotiations with representatives of Cherokee Charcoal this week in hopes of modifying the original agreement. Those negotiations were terminated.”
Hamilton was set to drive the No. 40 Carter 2 Motorsports Dodge Charger at Mobile, but will instead be replaced by Dustin Knowles, of Trussville, Ala., who will be making his ARCA debut.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Will Power fastest in final practice IndyCar practice at Sonoma 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 0
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 0
- MotorSportsTalk’s IndyCar championship pre-Sunday post round-up 0
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1