Mar 20, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Just two days before he was to make his anticipated return to racing, Bobby Hamilton Jr. will remain on the sidelines.
Carter 2 Motorsports announced Thursday that it has parted ways with Hamilton, who was to make his ARCA debut Saturday at the Mobile ARCA 200 at Mobile (Ala.) International Speedway.
“Carter 2 Motorsports announced today that the relationship between the ARCA Racing Series team and driver Bobby Hamilton, Jr. has been terminated, effective immediately,” a statement from team officials said. “Hamilton, Jr., acting on behalf of Precision MotorSports Limited, had signed a contract to drive for the team in February 2014, but was unable to uphold the financial terms of the agreement.
“Hamilton, Jr. along with his sponsor, St. Louis based Cherokee Charcoal, were equal partners in Precision MotorSports Limited. Carter 2 Motorsports has been in negotiations with representatives of Cherokee Charcoal this week in hopes of modifying the original agreement. Those negotiations were terminated.”
Hamilton was set to drive the No. 40 Carter 2 Motorsports Dodge Charger at Mobile, but will instead be replaced by Dustin Knowles, of Trussville, Ala., who will be making his ARCA debut.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Rosberg joins Hill, Prost and Senna as Monaco three-peat winners after gifted victory 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 8
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 52