Mar 20, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
The Miss Sprint Cup trio has been cut to a duo – at least temporarily.
Citing personal reasons, Brooke Werner announced Wednesday on the Miss Sprint Cup Facebook page that she is hanging up her firesuit:
“Hey fans, difficult decisions are always tough to communicate to people you love so much…like you guys. I recently made the hard decision to resign as Miss Sprint Cup for personal reasons (all good!) and hang up my firesuit. It’s been one of the greatest times of my life and I have you all to thank for that. I’ll miss you all very much but I know that you’ll all be excited to meet the new Miss Sprint Cup soon!”
Werner had just begun her second season as one of three Miss Sprint Cup representatives. Kim Coon has the longest tenure, in her fourth season, while newcomer Madison Martin is in her rookie season.
Werner, Coon and Martin represent Sprint – the series title sponsor for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series – at races and events to further promote the Sprint brand and NASCAR.
Werner’s decision to leave her role just four races into the new season was apparently unexpected. A former Miss Vermont USA, she hasn’t announced what her post-firesuit era plans will be. The search for Werner’s replacement is believed to already be under way.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 2
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0