Mar 20, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
The Miss Sprint Cup trio has been cut to a duo – at least temporarily.
Citing personal reasons, Brooke Werner announced Wednesday on the Miss Sprint Cup Facebook page that she is hanging up her firesuit:
“Hey fans, difficult decisions are always tough to communicate to people you love so much…like you guys. I recently made the hard decision to resign as Miss Sprint Cup for personal reasons (all good!) and hang up my firesuit. It’s been one of the greatest times of my life and I have you all to thank for that. I’ll miss you all very much but I know that you’ll all be excited to meet the new Miss Sprint Cup soon!”
Werner had just begun her second season as one of three Miss Sprint Cup representatives. Kim Coon has the longest tenure, in her fourth season, while newcomer Madison Martin is in her rookie season.
Werner, Coon and Martin represent Sprint – the series title sponsor for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series – at races and events to further promote the Sprint brand and NASCAR.
Werner’s decision to leave her role just four races into the new season was apparently unexpected. A former Miss Vermont USA, she hasn’t announced what her post-firesuit era plans will be. The search for Werner’s replacement is believed to already be under way.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0