Mar 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EST
Say hello to two-day old Remi Menard w/ proud dad, Paul. pic.twitter.com/6w0BsWj1tc
— RCR 27 Cup Team (@RCR27PMenard) March 20, 2014
Paul Menard won’t have to worry about having a standby driver anymore — well, at least not for awhile.
Menard has had reigning Camping World Truck Series champion Matt Crafton on his speed dial the last several weeks, as Menard and wife Jennifer were awaiting the birth of their first child, Remi Barbara Christine Menard.
The blessed event finally came on Tuesday night, with the proud papa tweeting about it from his account @RCR27PMenard.
Expect Menard to be passing out a lot of cigars at this weekend’s event at Auto Club Speedway.
Meanwhile, Matt and Katie Kenseth are awaiting the birth of their third daughter, due in the next two weeks.
Matt will have NBC NASCAR analyst Jeff Burton on standby duty at Fontana for Sunday’s Sprint Cup race, and Sam Hornish Jr. for Saturday’s Nationwide Series event, in case Matt has to return home to North Carolina for the birth.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1