Mar 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Say hello to two-day old Remi Menard w/ proud dad, Paul. pic.twitter.com/6w0BsWj1tc
— RCR 27 Cup Team (@RCR27PMenard) March 20, 2014
Paul Menard won’t have to worry about having a standby driver anymore — well, at least not for awhile.
Menard has had reigning Camping World Truck Series champion Matt Crafton on his speed dial the last several weeks, as Menard and wife Jennifer were awaiting the birth of their first child, Remi Barbara Christine Menard.
The blessed event finally came on Tuesday night, with the proud papa tweeting about it from his account @RCR27PMenard.
Expect Menard to be passing out a lot of cigars at this weekend’s event at Auto Club Speedway.
Meanwhile, Matt and Katie Kenseth are awaiting the birth of their third daughter, due in the next two weeks.
Matt will have NBC NASCAR analyst Jeff Burton on standby duty at Fontana for Sunday’s Sprint Cup race, and Sam Hornish Jr. for Saturday’s Nationwide Series event, in case Matt has to return home to North Carolina for the birth.
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 0
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5