Mar 20, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Say hello to two-day old Remi Menard w/ proud dad, Paul. pic.twitter.com/6w0BsWj1tc
— RCR 27 Cup Team (@RCR27PMenard) March 20, 2014
Paul Menard won’t have to worry about having a standby driver anymore — well, at least not for awhile.
Menard has had reigning Camping World Truck Series champion Matt Crafton on his speed dial the last several weeks, as Menard and wife Jennifer were awaiting the birth of their first child, Remi Barbara Christine Menard.
The blessed event finally came on Tuesday night, with the proud papa tweeting about it from his account @RCR27PMenard.
Expect Menard to be passing out a lot of cigars at this weekend’s event at Auto Club Speedway.
Meanwhile, Matt and Katie Kenseth are awaiting the birth of their third daughter, due in the next two weeks.
Matt will have NBC NASCAR analyst Jeff Burton on standby duty at Fontana for Sunday’s Sprint Cup race, and Sam Hornish Jr. for Saturday’s Nationwide Series event, in case Matt has to return home to North Carolina for the birth.
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4