Tony Stewart’s ‘Smoke IS the Bandit’ comes to an end with ‘The Big Finish'; see entire series (VIDEOS)
Mar 20, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
“Smoke IS the Bandit,” the faux remake series of “Smokey and the Bandit” starring NASCAR star Tony Stewart, has come to an end.
The aptly-named “The Big Finish” was released Thursday, ending the six-episode series (including the prequel promotion episode).
The final edition concludes with Stewart (aka The Bandit) and his sidekick The Snowman (Darrell Waltrip), delivering a truckload of Mobil 1 oil 10 minutes before the deadline of a bet they had with Big and Little Enos (Ricky Craven and Hermie Sadler).
The final episode is followed by a few humorous outtakes, just like the original movie itself.
The original Smokey and the Bandit had two fairly forgettable sequels, but it’s unclear if Stewart will reprise his role in another series for Mobil 1.
However, he left the door open by agreeing to yet another bet with Big and Little Enos to pick up a truck of Mobil 1 transmission fluid in Boston.
We’ll kind of miss not seeing more episodes, but we have to wonder one thing: how is it that everyone in the series is billed with their regular names, but Kenny Wallace gets special billing of “Special Guest Appearance by Mr. Kenny Wallace”?
If you missed any of the episodes, they follow below in order, as well as a special “Behind the Scenes” version:
Episode 1: The Challenge
Episode 2: The Pickup
Episode 3: The Interview
Episode 4: The Sheriff
Episode 5: The Big Finish
Special episode: Behind the Scenes
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 5
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 11
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4