Mar 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
In Major League Baseball, the NFL, NBA and NHL, it’s fairly easy to keep track of who’s who because players wear the same kind of uniforms game in and out (including the variation uniforms they wear for road games).
But fans going to Sunday’s Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif., may need to buy a race program to figure out who will be in which car.
Sure, the car numbers will be the same – such as 48 for Jimmie Johnson, 24 for Jeff Gordon, 88 for Dale Earnhardt Jr., 2 for Brad Keselowski and so forth – but the colors, paint schemes and sponsors will be entirely different than the typical norm.
Thanks to our friends at NASCAR.com, click here for a digital cheat sheet to show you what the car your favorite driver(s) will look like in Sunday’s race so you can keep track of his/her progress.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3