Mar 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
In Major League Baseball, the NFL, NBA and NHL, it’s fairly easy to keep track of who’s who because players wear the same kind of uniforms game in and out (including the variation uniforms they wear for road games).
But fans going to Sunday’s Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif., may need to buy a race program to figure out who will be in which car.
Sure, the car numbers will be the same – such as 48 for Jimmie Johnson, 24 for Jeff Gordon, 88 for Dale Earnhardt Jr., 2 for Brad Keselowski and so forth – but the colors, paint schemes and sponsors will be entirely different than the typical norm.
Thanks to our friends at NASCAR.com, click here for a digital cheat sheet to show you what the car your favorite driver(s) will look like in Sunday’s race so you can keep track of his/her progress.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 0
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9