Mar 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
In Major League Baseball, the NFL, NBA and NHL, it’s fairly easy to keep track of who’s who because players wear the same kind of uniforms game in and out (including the variation uniforms they wear for road games).
But fans going to Sunday’s Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif., may need to buy a race program to figure out who will be in which car.
Sure, the car numbers will be the same – such as 48 for Jimmie Johnson, 24 for Jeff Gordon, 88 for Dale Earnhardt Jr., 2 for Brad Keselowski and so forth – but the colors, paint schemes and sponsors will be entirely different than the typical norm.
Thanks to our friends at NASCAR.com, click here for a digital cheat sheet to show you what the car your favorite driver(s) will look like in Sunday’s race so you can keep track of his/her progress.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Sam Schmidt’s inspirational lap in SAM Project, Arrow Corvette on NBC Nightly News (VIDEO, PHOTOS) 0
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 9
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 3
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1