Mar 21, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Hey there, Ralphie boy!
No, we’re not talking about Art Carney calling Jackie Gleason in The Honeymooners.
(If you’re under 20, we understand if you’re asking “Art, who?” or “Jackie, who?”)
And no, we’re not talking about the Karate Kid, Ralph Macchio (who, at 52 now, is obviously no longer a kid).
The Ralph we are talking about is one Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Admit it, how many of you diehard Junior fans knew his legal first name was Ralph, and not Dale?
And while everyone calls him Dale or Junior or JR, one person who has gotten very close to him prefers to call him by his given name.
Amy Reimann, Junior’s girlfriend, has apparently taken to calling him a name everyone else doesn’t – other than maybe his mother – namely, Ralph (see Junior’s tweet below).
— Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) March 19, 2014
(Junior’s late father, Dale Sr., was also named Ralph, both in honor of family patriarch — Dale Sr.’s father and Dale Jr.’s grandfather — the late Ralph Earnhardt.)
We learned about Amy’s fondness of calling her beloved Ralph from, what else, Twitter, during a Q&A session Wednesday.
Speaking of Twitter, Dale … uh, err .. Ralph, has obviously become quite the tweeter, it would appear.
Earnhardt, who resisted tweeting until starting the night he won the Daytona 500 last month, has already pumped out more than 700 – an average of more than 25 tweets a day!
He’s also picked up more than 100,000 new Twitter followers. He had over 500,000 even before his first tweet hit the so-called twitter-sphere after the 500.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 2
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 2
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 1
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3
- IndyCar flashback: Justin Wilson finishes second, Will Power/Scott Dixon controversy at Sonoma 2013 (video) 3
- Report: FIA to conduct closed cockpit tests next month 13
- DiZinno: Justin Wilson’s enduring legacy, positive spirit loom as large as his frame 2