Mar 21, 2014, 1:36 PM EST
Hey there, Ralphie boy!
No, we’re not talking about Art Carney calling Jackie Gleason in The Honeymooners.
(If you’re under 20, we understand if you’re asking “Art, who?” or “Jackie, who?”)
And no, we’re not talking about the Karate Kid, Ralph Macchio (who, at 52 now, is obviously no longer a kid).
The Ralph we are talking about is one Ralph Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Admit it, how many of you diehard Junior fans knew his legal first name was Ralph, and not Dale?
And while everyone calls him Dale or Junior or JR, one person who has gotten very close to him prefers to call him by his given name.
Amy Reimann, Junior’s girlfriend, has apparently taken to calling him a name everyone else doesn’t – other than maybe his mother – namely, Ralph (see Junior’s tweet below).
— Dale Earnhardt Jr. (@DaleJr) March 19, 2014
(Junior’s late father, Dale Sr., was also named Ralph, both in honor of family patriarch — Dale Sr.’s father and Dale Jr.’s grandfather — the late Ralph Earnhardt.)
We learned about Amy’s fondness of calling her beloved Ralph from, what else, Twitter, during a Q&A session Wednesday.
Speaking of Twitter, Dale … uh, err .. Ralph, has obviously become quite the tweeter, it would appear.
Earnhardt, who resisted tweeting until starting the night he won the Daytona 500 last month, has already pumped out more than 700 – an average of more than 25 tweets a day!
He’s also picked up more than 100,000 new Twitter followers. He had over 500,000 even before his first tweet hit the so-called twitter-sphere after the 500.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA’s Media Tour coverage continues at 4:30 p.m. ET 0
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 13
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25