Mar 21, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
After running 11th-fastest earlier this afternoon in Nationwide Series practice, Ty Dillon has topped NNS final practice for tomorrow’s TreatMyClot.com 300 at Auto Club Speedway.
On the first of the 30 laps he logged in Nationwide “Happy Hour,” Dillon popped a lap of 176.462 miles per hour in the No. 3 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet.
That lap was nearly two miles per hour quicker than the second-fastest overall time in the session from JR Motorsports’ Chase Elliott, whose best lap was at 174.668 mph in the No. 9 Chevrolet. RAB Racing’s James Buescher took his No. 99 Toyota to P3 with a lap of 174.224 miles per hour.
Turner Scott Motorsports’ Dylan Kwasniewski (173.302 mph) and RCR’s Brian Scott (172.931 mph) rounded out the Top 5. Kyle Busch, who was the fastest in this afternoon’s first Nationwide practice, was sixth-quickest in the second practice (172.736 mph).
Nationwide qualifying will take place at 1:40 p.m. ET tomorrow afternoon before the 300-mile race at 5 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 0
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 4
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2