Mar 21, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
After running 11th-fastest earlier this afternoon in Nationwide Series practice, Ty Dillon has topped NNS final practice for tomorrow’s TreatMyClot.com 300 at Auto Club Speedway.
On the first of the 30 laps he logged in Nationwide “Happy Hour,” Dillon popped a lap of 176.462 miles per hour in the No. 3 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet.
That lap was nearly two miles per hour quicker than the second-fastest overall time in the session from JR Motorsports’ Chase Elliott, whose best lap was at 174.668 mph in the No. 9 Chevrolet. RAB Racing’s James Buescher took his No. 99 Toyota to P3 with a lap of 174.224 miles per hour.
Turner Scott Motorsports’ Dylan Kwasniewski (173.302 mph) and RCR’s Brian Scott (172.931 mph) rounded out the Top 5. Kyle Busch, who was the fastest in this afternoon’s first Nationwide practice, was sixth-quickest in the second practice (172.736 mph).
Nationwide qualifying will take place at 1:40 p.m. ET tomorrow afternoon before the 300-mile race at 5 p.m. ET.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 5
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1