Mar 24, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
We told you there was a lot to cover in Monday’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA on NBCSN. But in case you missed the show, here’s a collection of videos to get caught up on.
First up, things aren’t all smiles at Joe Gibbs Racing despite Kyle Busch’s victory yesterday in California. While proud of their win, they’re also worried about the health of Denny Hamlin, who was forced to miss yesterday’s race:
That said, JGR still was able to effectively lock in one of their three drivers into the Chase and bolster their bid for a championship, something they haven’t achieved since Tony Stewart won it all in 2005.
Speaking of Stewart, he and his Stewart-Haas Racing teammates/employees had a competitive weekend in Fontana, but are still trying to turn themselves into week-in, week-out contenders for wins.
Also discussed was the litany of tire failures that marred the race for many teams and left drivers looking for an answer to the problem. Some drivers, such as Dale Earnhardt Jr., have defended tire maker Goodyear, while others, like Brad Keselowski and Jeff Gordon, have criticized the company:
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 4
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 7
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 4
- Hamilton delighted after claiming 40th career pole (VIDEO) 3