Mar 24, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
We told you there was a lot to cover in Monday’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA on NBCSN. But in case you missed the show, here’s a collection of videos to get caught up on.
First up, things aren’t all smiles at Joe Gibbs Racing despite Kyle Busch’s victory yesterday in California. While proud of their win, they’re also worried about the health of Denny Hamlin, who was forced to miss yesterday’s race:
That said, JGR still was able to effectively lock in one of their three drivers into the Chase and bolster their bid for a championship, something they haven’t achieved since Tony Stewart won it all in 2005.
Speaking of Stewart, he and his Stewart-Haas Racing teammates/employees had a competitive weekend in Fontana, but are still trying to turn themselves into week-in, week-out contenders for wins.
Also discussed was the litany of tire failures that marred the race for many teams and left drivers looking for an answer to the problem. Some drivers, such as Dale Earnhardt Jr., have defended tire maker Goodyear, while others, like Brad Keselowski and Jeff Gordon, have criticized the company:
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 0
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win 0
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 0
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1