Mar 24, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
After Auto Club Speedway delivered what many NASCAR observers called the best Sprint Cup race of 2013, observers were anxious to see what would happen at the two-mile oval in yesterday’s Auto Club 400.
It’s likely they weren’t disappointed. While tire failures were a continuous storyline throughout the day on the abrasive track, there was still plenty of side-by-side racing to be had in Southern California
It all came down to a green-white-checkered finish, and in the end, Kyle Busch successfully defended his Fontana title after taking a four-tire stop under the final yellow and then using the fresh rubber to jump from sixth to the lead.
However, one could argue that the biggest star of the weekend was California phenom Kyle Larson, who held off Busch and Kevin Harvick for the Nationwide Series win on Saturday and almost hunted Busch down on the final lap yesterday before finishing second.
It’s a lot of ground to cover, but the NASCAR AMERICA gang – host Carolyn Manno and analysts Kyle Petty and Jeff Burton – will break it all down later today at 5 p.m. ET on NBCSN and on NBC Sports Live Extra for online/mobile devices.
Also, NBCSN reporter Kelli Stavast will report from Joe Gibbs Racing headquarters on Busch’s big win and provide an update on the ailing Denny Hamlin, who was hospitalized for a sinus infection yesterday and missed the race as a result (he has since been released).
In case you wish to watch today’s show online, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified.
Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Again, CLICK HERE at 5 p.m. ET to watch NBCSN’s NASCAR AMERICA.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 4
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 3
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 11
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 4
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0