Mar 25, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
There’s one exciting bit of sports car news and one not-so-exciting part to kick off this Tuesday:
- In Le Mans, Audi has put out its official livery for the 2014 FIA World Endurance Championship season. The manufacturer’s new R18 e-tron quattro was paraded through downtown Le Mans with its new white, red and black livery. It had previously been in a stealth black in other teaser shots this winter, after the car itself was first revealed in December.
- From the bad news department, SRT Viper will not make an encore appearance at this year’s 24 Hours of Le Mans. First reported by Sportscar365.com, the budget was not in play for the V10 ground-pounders to make the trip following low road car sales. This promotes two Ferrari F458 Italias from JMW Motorsport and Team Taisan into the race.
- Rebellion Racing has confirmed Andrea Belicchi to its 2014 lineup. He’ll join Nico Prost, Nick Heidfeld, Mathias Beche, Dominik Kraihamer and the yet-to-be-officially confirmed Fabio Leimer, the 2013 GP2 champion, in the lineup. Not that there was a chance, but this would remove the hopes of Simona de Silvestro, the Swiss driver who’s contracted to Sauber’s F1 program this year, racing for them at Le Mans.
Video from NASCAR America
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 8
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 8
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. featured in new concussion awareness initiative (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld