Mar 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Unlike when the Duck Commander 500 race name was confirmed, I will attempt to avoid a litany of duck puns here.
The news today from Texas Motor Speedway is that the Robertson family from the “Duck Dynasty” show, unsurprisingly, will play a major role in the pre-race festivities for the April 6 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race there.
Family patriarch Phil Robertson will be the honorary starter and wave the green flag. Uncle Si will be grand marshal and give the duck call… I mean command to start engines.
In total, six Robertson family members will have honorary roles for the event.
“Like everything our family does on the show and in business, we strive to bring families together, and that includes our own. So when we made the decision to sponsor the Duck Commander 500, we knew it would be a Robertson family affair,” Willie Robertson, CEO of Duck/Buck Commander, said in a release. “We think it will be a lot of fun and make for a memorable weekend with a variety of interactive Commander events taking place.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 3
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11