Mar 25, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Unlike when the Duck Commander 500 race name was confirmed, I will attempt to avoid a litany of duck puns here.
The news today from Texas Motor Speedway is that the Robertson family from the “Duck Dynasty” show, unsurprisingly, will play a major role in the pre-race festivities for the April 6 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race there.
Family patriarch Phil Robertson will be the honorary starter and wave the green flag. Uncle Si will be grand marshal and give the duck call… I mean command to start engines.
In total, six Robertson family members will have honorary roles for the event.
“Like everything our family does on the show and in business, we strive to bring families together, and that includes our own. So when we made the decision to sponsor the Duck Commander 500, we knew it would be a Robertson family affair,” Willie Robertson, CEO of Duck/Buck Commander, said in a release. “We think it will be a lot of fun and make for a memorable weekend with a variety of interactive Commander events taking place.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 0
- What now if your favorite driver is eliminated from Chase? 1
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10
- UPDATED: Chase contender Kyle Busch back on track after Lap 102 crash (VIDEO) 0
- Faced with must-win scenarios, Earnhardt, Johnson lead halfway at Talladega 0
- Surprising revelation: Dale Jr. admits he coasted earlier in his career — ‘I just rested on my legacy and last name’ 0
- With nothing left to do but win, Dale Earnhardt Jr. faces Talladega with optimism 0