Mar 26, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
The team released this news update earlier this afternoon, which was then confirmed by multiple media outlets.
A small piece of metal was found to be in Hamlin’s eye, but doctors were able to remove. Per Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass, a CT scan did not find any other complications.
Hamlin missed last year’s spring race at Martinsville after his injuries sustained at Auto Club Speedway in his accident with Joey Logano.
Video from NASCAR America
- 16-year-old Cole Custer becomes youngest-ever winner of NASCAR national series race 0
- F1 Qualifying Analysis: Missed opportunities allow Hamilton to rule again 0
- Tyler Clary hopes to go from Olympic gold medal swimmer to NASCAR driver 0
- Hamilton snatches Singapore pole away from Rosberg 0
- Fernando Alonso closes out practice in Singapore fastest 0
- Brad Keselowski wins pole for Sunday’s Chase race at New Hampshire 0
- F1 Friday Analysis: Is Lewis the man to beat? 0