Mar 26, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
The team released this news update earlier this afternoon, which was then confirmed by multiple media outlets.
A small piece of metal was found to be in Hamlin’s eye, but doctors were able to remove. Per Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass, a CT scan did not find any other complications.
Hamlin missed last year’s spring race at Martinsville after his injuries sustained at Auto Club Speedway in his accident with Joey Logano.
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 0
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 2
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0