Mar 26, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
The team released this news update earlier this afternoon, which was then confirmed by multiple media outlets.
A small piece of metal was found to be in Hamlin’s eye, but doctors were able to remove. Per Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass, a CT scan did not find any other complications.
Hamlin missed last year’s spring race at Martinsville after his injuries sustained at Auto Club Speedway in his accident with Joey Logano.
Video from NASCAR America
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 16