Mar 26, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
The team released this news update earlier this afternoon, which was then confirmed by multiple media outlets.
A small piece of metal was found to be in Hamlin’s eye, but doctors were able to remove. Per Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass, a CT scan did not find any other complications.
Hamlin missed last year’s spring race at Martinsville after his injuries sustained at Auto Club Speedway in his accident with Joey Logano.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 1
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 5