Mar 26, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
The team released this news update earlier this afternoon, which was then confirmed by multiple media outlets.
A small piece of metal was found to be in Hamlin’s eye, but doctors were able to remove. Per Sporting News’ Bob Pockrass, a CT scan did not find any other complications.
Hamlin missed last year’s spring race at Martinsville after his injuries sustained at Auto Club Speedway in his accident with Joey Logano.
Video from NASCAR America
- McLaren reveals Honda-powered MP4-30 for 2015 F1 season 0
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25