Mar 26, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Sometime Wednesday, Denny Hamlin is expected to give an update on his medical condition and whether he will be able to compete in this Sunday’s STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway.
Hamlin tweeted Tuesday night that he wanted to wait another day due to the death of Richard Petty’s wife Lynda earlier that day.
“With due respect to the Petty family I will send out a update tomorrow. Please keep their family in your thoughts tonight,” Hamlin’s tweet stated.
Hamlin missed Sunday’s Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif., after being hospitalized for several hours, reportedly due to a severe sinus infection that affected his vision.
NBCSports.com’s MotorSportsTalk will bring that update to you as soon as we get it.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 0
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 0
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6
- NHRA: Big changes coming to Pro Stock this weekend, next season 20