Mar 26, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Sometime Wednesday, Denny Hamlin is expected to give an update on his medical condition and whether he will be able to compete in this Sunday’s STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway.
Hamlin tweeted Tuesday night that he wanted to wait another day due to the death of Richard Petty’s wife Lynda earlier that day.
“With due respect to the Petty family I will send out a update tomorrow. Please keep their family in your thoughts tonight,” Hamlin’s tweet stated.
Hamlin missed Sunday’s Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif., after being hospitalized for several hours, reportedly due to a severe sinus infection that affected his vision.
NBCSports.com’s MotorSportsTalk will bring that update to you as soon as we get it.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 3
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hamilton tops quiet second Monaco GP practice 0
- Hamilton quickest in opening practice for Monaco GP 0
- James Hinchcliffe transferred out of ICU, full recovery expected 4