Mar 26, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Sometime Wednesday, Denny Hamlin is expected to give an update on his medical condition and whether he will be able to compete in this Sunday’s STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway.
Hamlin tweeted Tuesday night that he wanted to wait another day due to the death of Richard Petty’s wife Lynda earlier that day.
“With due respect to the Petty family I will send out a update tomorrow. Please keep their family in your thoughts tonight,” Hamlin’s tweet stated.
Hamlin missed Sunday’s Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif., after being hospitalized for several hours, reportedly due to a severe sinus infection that affected his vision.
NBCSports.com’s MotorSportsTalk will bring that update to you as soon as we get it.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Graham Rahal’s Fontana win was long overdue, and a long time coming 0
- Report: Roger Penske intends to keep his ‘four aces’ in IndyCar 0
- Mario Andretti gets Jay Leno up to speed — and then some 1
- NHRA: Antron Brown looks to make Top Fuel fireworks this weekend 1
- MAVTV 500: Despite being nerve-racking to crazy, drivers glad safety won out 2
- WATCH: IndyCar’s frantic, thrilling MAVTV 500 to re-air at midnight ET on NBCSN 6
- Nelson Piquet Jr crowned first ever FIA Formula E champion in thrilling London finale 1