Mar 26, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
Sometime Wednesday, Denny Hamlin is expected to give an update on his medical condition and whether he will be able to compete in this Sunday’s STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway.
Hamlin tweeted Tuesday night that he wanted to wait another day due to the death of Richard Petty’s wife Lynda earlier that day.
“With due respect to the Petty family I will send out a update tomorrow. Please keep their family in your thoughts tonight,” Hamlin’s tweet stated.
Hamlin missed Sunday’s Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif., after being hospitalized for several hours, reportedly due to a severe sinus infection that affected his vision.
NBCSports.com’s MotorSportsTalk will bring that update to you as soon as we get it.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 0
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 0
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0
- Kevin Harvick in a class of his own, dominates Atlanta NNS race 0
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar crowns its champion tonight at Fontana 1
- Lessons learned from Dale Earnhardt death readily seen in way NASCAR has dealt with Tony Stewart tragedy 2
- Aleshin conscious following heavy accident in MAVTV 500 final practice (UPDATED, VIDEO) 4