Mar 27, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Even though he grew up in Vancouver, Wash., right across the Columbia River from Portland, Ore., Greg Biffle must have been a beachcomber in another life.
How else do you explain Biffle’s never-ending love of racing in sand? Whenever there’s some dunes to fly over or do wheelies on, Biffle will find them.
In Episode 2 of the new Roush Fenway Racing produced “Race Around America” online series, before he leaves Phoenix entirely, Biffle does some road-course racing with Jack Roush Jr. (yes, Jack’s son), and then heads north to the next Sprint Cup race the following week at Las Vegas.
But in-between the Valley of the Sun and Sin City, Biffle takes a detour to do some diggin’ in ‘da sand, man, at the Imperial Sand Dunes in Glamis, Calif.
Biffle’s play in the multi-acre sandbox is part of the second of eight eventual episodes on the web-only series that features him and fellow RFR drivers Trevor Bayne, Ryan Reed and Chris Buescher as they, well, as the title says, “Race Around America.”
“We had a lot of fun,” Biffle said. “I was lucky to get the Phoenix to Vegas leg. I love going to the sand dunes. We had a really good time for a couple of days before heading to Vegas.”
The third webisode, which should be out in a couple more weeks, will feature Buescher, as he takes the “Race Around America” Mustang from his home state of Texas to the historic Darlington Raceway.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0
- INDYCAR confirms more aero kit updates coming to Long Beach 1
- Rocky Moran Jr. to replace Huertas in Coyne’s No. 18 for Long Beach 7
- Rosberg heads up Mercedes one-two in Bahrain FP2 1