Mar 27, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Two bits of NASCAR news and notes to report this Thursday:
- First up, and in an unfortunate bit of news, former NASCAR driver Shawna Robinson announced Wednesday she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Via the Charlotte Observer, she said, “I’m getting ready to start a new journey that was unexpected but I am prepared to take it on as I would any challenge ..with direction and strength. I have breast cancer…when they tell you you have cancer you don’t hear the rest you just see talking and you seem to be there but your not hearing the words. But it is real, start Chemo next week for 5-6 months then surgery….there is such progress in cancer treatment…..still scared but prepared for battle. Thankful for the family and friends….I’m blessed to have….ready to go wide open and get this thing!!!” Robinson is the first woman to have won a pole in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
- David Stremme returns to NASCAR Sprint Cup this weekend at Martinsville, in Circle Sport Racing’s No. 33 Mace Chevrolet. He has 190 career Cup starts, and in 25 last year with Swan Racing posted a best finish of 12th at Talladega in April. Brian Scott has driven the No. 33 most races this year.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH: Race of Champions at 7 p.m. ET kicks off motors evening on NBCSN 0
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 14
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld