Mar 27, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Two bits of NASCAR news and notes to report this Thursday:
- First up, and in an unfortunate bit of news, former NASCAR driver Shawna Robinson announced Wednesday she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Via the Charlotte Observer, she said, “I’m getting ready to start a new journey that was unexpected but I am prepared to take it on as I would any challenge ..with direction and strength. I have breast cancer…when they tell you you have cancer you don’t hear the rest you just see talking and you seem to be there but your not hearing the words. But it is real, start Chemo next week for 5-6 months then surgery….there is such progress in cancer treatment…..still scared but prepared for battle. Thankful for the family and friends….I’m blessed to have….ready to go wide open and get this thing!!!” Robinson is the first woman to have won a pole in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
- David Stremme returns to NASCAR Sprint Cup this weekend at Martinsville, in Circle Sport Racing’s No. 33 Mace Chevrolet. He has 190 career Cup starts, and in 25 last year with Swan Racing posted a best finish of 12th at Talladega in April. Brian Scott has driven the No. 33 most races this year.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA recaps how Kahne was able at 5 p.m. ET 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 3
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld