Mar 27, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Two bits of NASCAR news and notes to report this Thursday:
- First up, and in an unfortunate bit of news, former NASCAR driver Shawna Robinson announced Wednesday she has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Via the Charlotte Observer, she said, “I’m getting ready to start a new journey that was unexpected but I am prepared to take it on as I would any challenge ..with direction and strength. I have breast cancer…when they tell you you have cancer you don’t hear the rest you just see talking and you seem to be there but your not hearing the words. But it is real, start Chemo next week for 5-6 months then surgery….there is such progress in cancer treatment…..still scared but prepared for battle. Thankful for the family and friends….I’m blessed to have….ready to go wide open and get this thing!!!” Robinson is the first woman to have won a pole in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
- David Stremme returns to NASCAR Sprint Cup this weekend at Martinsville, in Circle Sport Racing’s No. 33 Mace Chevrolet. He has 190 career Cup starts, and in 25 last year with Swan Racing posted a best finish of 12th at Talladega in April. Brian Scott has driven the No. 33 most races this year.
Video from NASCAR America
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1
- Jeff Gordon announces 2015 as final full-time season 43
- NASCAR: Trackside shopping set to change as part of new Fanatics deal (UPDATED) 10
- Brian Vickers to return to racing at Las Vegas after health scare 9
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NASCAR Driver Searches
Search player news RotoWorld