Mar 27, 2014, 7:41 PM EST
There probably was no arguing about sequestration, Obamacare, the Tea Party or even the U.S. budget.
And we’re pretty sure they didn’t talk about what’s going on in Russia.
In fact, when U.S. Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) met with the president on Wednesday, they appeared to be having a grand time, including smiling for the camera — as can be seen by the accompanying photo.
Uh, err … except it wasn’t THAT president.
Boehner had a social call from NASCAR president Mike Helton, who just happened to be in the nation’s capitol – most likely on his way to this weekend’s race at Martinsville Speedway, about 275 miles away.
While Boehner’s office released the photo above, there’s no word on what he and Helton talked about.
But given that the Speaker is from and represents Ohio – and Goodyear is headquartered in Akron – could they have talked about the numerous tire problems in this past Sunday’s Sprint Cup race at Fontana?
It wasn’t the first time Boehner has met Helton. They also came together, along with then-reigning Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart, in April 2012.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 2