Mar 27, 2014, 7:41 PM EDT
There probably was no arguing about sequestration, Obamacare, the Tea Party or even the U.S. budget.
And we’re pretty sure they didn’t talk about what’s going on in Russia.
In fact, when U.S. Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-Ohio) met with the president on Wednesday, they appeared to be having a grand time, including smiling for the camera — as can be seen by the accompanying photo.
Uh, err … except it wasn’t THAT president.
Boehner had a social call from NASCAR president Mike Helton, who just happened to be in the nation’s capitol – most likely on his way to this weekend’s race at Martinsville Speedway, about 275 miles away.
While Boehner’s office released the photo above, there’s no word on what he and Helton talked about.
But given that the Speaker is from and represents Ohio – and Goodyear is headquartered in Akron – could they have talked about the numerous tire problems in this past Sunday’s Sprint Cup race at Fontana?
It wasn’t the first time Boehner has met Helton. They also came together, along with then-reigning Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart, in April 2012.
Follow me @JerryBonkowski
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: FP1 for the United States GP 0
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 2
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2
- Has Formula 1 cracked the U.S. market in Austin? 4
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0