WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 pm ET: Remembering Lynda Petty and ‘Bubba’ Wallace returns to Martinsville
Mar 27, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
The human side of NASCAR racing will be front and center on Thursday’s edition of NASCAR AMERICA on NBCSN:
* One of the features on today’s show will be a touching profile on Lynda Petty, the matriarch of the Petty family, who passed away after a long illness this past Tuesday.
“Miss Lynda”, as she was affectionately called, was the Queen to The King of NASCAR, Richard Petty, married more than 55 years and raised four children together.
But she was more than just a driver’s wife. Although she liked to stay behind the scenes, Lynda Petty was actually one of the most influential women in the sport over the last half-century.
Kelli Stavast will report from the Petty family compound in Level Cross, N.C.
* We’ll also feature Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr., who returns to Martinsville Speedway this weekend for the first time since his historic Camping World Trucks Series win there last fall. Can he make it two in a row?
By taking the checkered flag at the little half-mile bullring in southern Virginia, Wallace became only the second African-American driver to ever win a NASCAR race, and the first in nearly 50 years since Wendell Scott did so back in 1964.
Wallace is more than just an up-and-coming driver. He’s also one of the keys to NASCAR’s ongoing expansion of its diversity initiative.
* Lastly, Marty Snyder reports from Joe Gibbs Racing’s headquarters with an update on driver Denny Hamlin, who missed this past Sunday’s race at Fontana but has been cleared to race this Sunday at Martinsville.
In case you wish to watch today’s show online, be sure to have your username and password from your cable/satellite/telco provider handy so your subscription can be verified.
Once you plug those pieces of information in, you’ll have access to the stream.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Brasilia, Brazil race confirmed for March 8, 2015 1
- F1’s Modern Wonder: Under the lights, Singapore shines brightly 0
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 5