Mar 28, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Four-time Camping World Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday Jr. topped a rain-abbreviated second Friday practice for the Trucks at Martinsville Speedway.
Sprinkles of rain at the half-mile oval caused two brief stoppages during the session before a bigger shower caused NASCAR to end things early by almost 15 minutes.
Hornaday was quickest with a lap of 19.690 seconds (96.171 mph) in the No. 30 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevrolet. He set his fast time on the 25th of 29 laps he ran in the session.
Haas Racing Development’s Cole Custer was second-quickest in the No. 00 Chevy with a lap of 19.817 seconds (95.554 mph), followed by another TSM driver, Ben Rhodes, in third position in his No. 32 Chevy (19.859 seconds/95.352 mph). NTS Motorsports’ Gray Gaulding was fourth-quickest (19.862/95.338) and Thorsport Racing’s Johnny Sauter was P5 (19.921/95.055).
Qualifying for the Kroger 250 will take place at 11:10 a.m. ET tomorrow morning, followed by the race itself later on at 2:30 p.m. ET.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3