Mar 28, 2014, 4:31 PM EDT
Four-time Camping World Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday Jr. topped a rain-abbreviated second Friday practice for the Trucks at Martinsville Speedway.
Sprinkles of rain at the half-mile oval caused two brief stoppages during the session before a bigger shower caused NASCAR to end things early by almost 15 minutes.
Hornaday was quickest with a lap of 19.690 seconds (96.171 mph) in the No. 30 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevrolet. He set his fast time on the 25th of 29 laps he ran in the session.
Haas Racing Development’s Cole Custer was second-quickest in the No. 00 Chevy with a lap of 19.817 seconds (95.554 mph), followed by another TSM driver, Ben Rhodes, in third position in his No. 32 Chevy (19.859 seconds/95.352 mph). NTS Motorsports’ Gray Gaulding was fourth-quickest (19.862/95.338) and Thorsport Racing’s Johnny Sauter was P5 (19.921/95.055).
Qualifying for the Kroger 250 will take place at 11:10 a.m. ET tomorrow morning, followed by the race itself later on at 2:30 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 1
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 8
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1