Mar 29, 2014, 2:22 PM EST
For the Verizon IndyCar Series, a recurring issue over the years has been the inability to get the casual observer hooked into becoming a regular follower of the sport.
But perhaps their new online video series, “IndyCar Chronicles,” can help in that regard. First up in the series is Graham Rahal, driver of the No. 15 National Guard Honda for Rahal Letterman Lanigan.
As MST has detailed over the offseason, Rahal appears to have everything in place to finally make the big step: An overhauled team, a big sponsor in the Guard, and a motivation to emerge from a 2013 campaign that he calls the worst of his career.
“Last year was the closest I ever came to losing confidence,” Rahal says in the first episode of Chronicles. “That was, by far, the hardest year of my career.
“I was so uncomfortable in the race car every single weekend. It was hard to be confident. Every week, you were getting beat down and beat down. It was difficult to keep your head up.”
But with Rahal looking solid so far in St. Pete, it looks like better days may be ahead.
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 2