Mar 29, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
A doubleheader is now on tap for tomorrow at Martinsville Speedway after NASCAR’s decision to postpone today’s Camping World Truck Series’ Kroger 250 due to persistent rain.
The Trucks’ second race of the 2014 season is expected to begin around 5:30 p.m. ET, following the conclusion of the STP 500 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The green flag for that race will drop shortly after 1 p.m. ET.
Rain has officially scratched all sessions that were scheduled for today in Martinsville: Two Sprint Cup practices, the Truck qualifying session, and now, the Truck race itself. The race was originally set for a 2:30 p.m. ET start.
After Truck qualifying was rained out, the Kroger 250 grid was set on practice speeds, which means that Darrell Wallace Jr. will be in the pole position for tomorrow’s “bonus feature.” Ryan Blaney will start alongside him in the front row.
Sunday’s forecast has rain still possible but primarily in the morning hours, with temperatures warming up into the low 50s under party sunny and windy conditions.
Additionally, Martinsville has issued the following statement for ticket-holders:
- Dixon crushes lap record to score pole in Mid-Ohio 0
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy 200 qualifying at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 0
- Dixon quickest with unofficial lap record in final practice at Mid-Ohio 0
- Dixon fastest on Friday at Mid-Ohio 1
- Hinchcliffe undergoes final surgery, now “can’t wait to be strapping back in” 2
- With 2016 plans undetermined, Newgarden focused on finishing 2015 strong 1
- Racing, music blend as Umphrey’s McGee partners with GTSport Racing for rest of 2015 PWC season 1