Mar 29, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
A doubleheader is now on tap for tomorrow at Martinsville Speedway after NASCAR’s decision to postpone today’s Camping World Truck Series’ Kroger 250 due to persistent rain.
The Trucks’ second race of the 2014 season is expected to begin around 5:30 p.m. ET, following the conclusion of the STP 500 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The green flag for that race will drop shortly after 1 p.m. ET.
Rain has officially scratched all sessions that were scheduled for today in Martinsville: Two Sprint Cup practices, the Truck qualifying session, and now, the Truck race itself. The race was originally set for a 2:30 p.m. ET start.
After Truck qualifying was rained out, the Kroger 250 grid was set on practice speeds, which means that Darrell Wallace Jr. will be in the pole position for tomorrow’s “bonus feature.” Ryan Blaney will start alongside him in the front row.
Sunday’s forecast has rain still possible but primarily in the morning hours, with temperatures warming up into the low 50s under party sunny and windy conditions.
Additionally, Martinsville has issued the following statement for ticket-holders:
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0