Mar 29, 2014, 4:33 PM EDT
A doubleheader is now on tap for tomorrow at Martinsville Speedway after NASCAR’s decision to postpone today’s Camping World Truck Series’ Kroger 250 due to persistent rain.
The Trucks’ second race of the 2014 season is expected to begin around 5:30 p.m. ET, following the conclusion of the STP 500 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. The green flag for that race will drop shortly after 1 p.m. ET.
Rain has officially scratched all sessions that were scheduled for today in Martinsville: Two Sprint Cup practices, the Truck qualifying session, and now, the Truck race itself. The race was originally set for a 2:30 p.m. ET start.
After Truck qualifying was rained out, the Kroger 250 grid was set on practice speeds, which means that Darrell Wallace Jr. will be in the pole position for tomorrow’s “bonus feature.” Ryan Blaney will start alongside him in the front row.
Sunday’s forecast has rain still possible but primarily in the morning hours, with temperatures warming up into the low 50s under party sunny and windy conditions.
Additionally, Martinsville has issued the following statement for ticket-holders:
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win (VIDEO) 1
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 3
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0