Mar 29, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
NASCAR’s newest version of its Air Titan track drying system is getting a workout this morning.
Rains at Martinsville Speedway forced NASCAR to deploy the new Air Titan 2.0 track dryers this morning, and they were still creeping along the half-mile oval at what was to be the 10 a.m. ET start for Sprint Cup practice.
That session was ultimately scrubbed, and the Camping World Truck Series’ qualifying session for this afternoon’s Kroger 250 has also been delayed slightly. NASCAR hopes to have that going around 11:30 a.m. ET.
Sprint Cup final practice is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, with the Truck race scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET.
The National Weather Service had forecasted a 70 percent chance of rain in the Martinsville region for today.
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1