Mar 29, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
NASCAR’s newest version of its Air Titan track drying system is getting a workout this morning.
Rains at Martinsville Speedway forced NASCAR to deploy the new Air Titan 2.0 track dryers this morning, and they were still creeping along the half-mile oval at what was to be the 10 a.m. ET start for Sprint Cup practice.
That session was ultimately scrubbed, and the Camping World Truck Series’ qualifying session for this afternoon’s Kroger 250 has also been delayed slightly. NASCAR hopes to have that going around 11:30 a.m. ET.
Sprint Cup final practice is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, with the Truck race scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET.
The National Weather Service had forecasted a 70 percent chance of rain in the Martinsville region for today.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 4