Mar 29, 2014, 11:20 AM EST
NASCAR’s newest version of its Air Titan track drying system is getting a workout this morning.
Rains at Martinsville Speedway forced NASCAR to deploy the new Air Titan 2.0 track dryers this morning, and they were still creeping along the half-mile oval at what was to be the 10 a.m. ET start for Sprint Cup practice.
That session was ultimately scrubbed, and the Camping World Truck Series’ qualifying session for this afternoon’s Kroger 250 has also been delayed slightly. NASCAR hopes to have that going around 11:30 a.m. ET.
Sprint Cup final practice is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET, with the Truck race scheduled for 2:30 p.m. ET.
The National Weather Service had forecasted a 70 percent chance of rain in the Martinsville region for today.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1