Mar 29, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
The final practice session for the Sprint Cup Series before tomorrow’s STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway has now been cancelled due to rain, making it the third session of the day to be scrubbed.
As a result of the rainouts, the Cup drivers will go into tomorrow’s 500-lap race with just one practice session’s worth of preparation.
Meanwhile, pre-race proceedings for the Truck race appear to be continuing on as planned. We’ll keep you posted on any further developments from Martinsville…
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage plans to talk with IndyCar about potential changes to cars 3
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 0
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4