Mar 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
Today’s NASCAR schedule at Martinsville Speedway continues to be marred by persistent rain, as the start of the Camping World Truck Series’ Kroger 250 – originally set for 2:30 p.m. ET – has been delayed.
The Air Titan 2 units continue to circle the half-mile oval but in the pits, the trucks remain covered up. It should be noted that Martinsville does not have a lighting system in place.
Bob Pockrass of the Sporting News detailed a possible backup plan in case the race is postponed:
The STP 500 for the Sprint Cup Series is scheduled for a 1 p.m. ET start tomorrow afternoon.
- Elliott, Lorenzen, White, Scott, and Weatherly enter NASCAR Hall of Fame (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR Media Tour Content Recap: All posts, one place 0
- Gridiron Challenge: NASCAR drivers take football stars for a spin (VIDEO) 0
- Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony headlines 6.5 hours of NASCAR on NBCSN 0
- Ferrari reveals SF15-T for 2015 Formula 1 season 4
- Sauber aims to beat the blues of 2014 with C34’s launch 2
- Track executive arrested, charged with lewdness with 19-year-old 0