Mar 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Today’s NASCAR schedule at Martinsville Speedway continues to be marred by persistent rain, as the start of the Camping World Truck Series’ Kroger 250 – originally set for 2:30 p.m. ET – has been delayed.
The Air Titan 2 units continue to circle the half-mile oval but in the pits, the trucks remain covered up. It should be noted that Martinsville does not have a lighting system in place.
Bob Pockrass of the Sporting News detailed a possible backup plan in case the race is postponed:
The STP 500 for the Sprint Cup Series is scheduled for a 1 p.m. ET start tomorrow afternoon.
Video from NASCAR America
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 3
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12
- The 2014 Milwaukee IndyFest weekend high on promise, with more positives than negatives 5
- NASCAR’s worst-kept secret is official: Carl Edwards joins Joe Gibbs Racing from 2015 4
- Report: Comcast’s Xfinity, NASCAR closer to series sponsorship deal 0
- Toro Rosso names Max Verstappen for 2015 race seat, to become youngest driver in F1 history 3
- Chase outlook brighter for some, cloudy for others after Michigan 0