Mar 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Today’s NASCAR schedule at Martinsville Speedway continues to be marred by persistent rain, as the start of the Camping World Truck Series’ Kroger 250 – originally set for 2:30 p.m. ET – has been delayed.
The Air Titan 2 units continue to circle the half-mile oval but in the pits, the trucks remain covered up. It should be noted that Martinsville does not have a lighting system in place.
Bob Pockrass of the Sporting News detailed a possible backup plan in case the race is postponed:
The STP 500 for the Sprint Cup Series is scheduled for a 1 p.m. ET start tomorrow afternoon.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0