Mar 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Today’s NASCAR schedule at Martinsville Speedway continues to be marred by persistent rain, as the start of the Camping World Truck Series’ Kroger 250 – originally set for 2:30 p.m. ET – has been delayed.
The Air Titan 2 units continue to circle the half-mile oval but in the pits, the trucks remain covered up. It should be noted that Martinsville does not have a lighting system in place.
Bob Pockrass of the Sporting News detailed a possible backup plan in case the race is postponed:
The STP 500 for the Sprint Cup Series is scheduled for a 1 p.m. ET start tomorrow afternoon.
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 0
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 1
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 1
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 18