Mar 29, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Today’s NASCAR schedule at Martinsville Speedway continues to be marred by persistent rain, as the start of the Camping World Truck Series’ Kroger 250 – originally set for 2:30 p.m. ET – has been delayed.
The Air Titan 2 units continue to circle the half-mile oval but in the pits, the trucks remain covered up. It should be noted that Martinsville does not have a lighting system in place.
Bob Pockrass of the Sporting News detailed a possible backup plan in case the race is postponed:
The STP 500 for the Sprint Cup Series is scheduled for a 1 p.m. ET start tomorrow afternoon.
- NASCAR AMERICA: Thursday round-up (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar: A crucial weekend to commence at Mid-Ohio 0
- Mark Martin returning to Roush Fenway Racing in unique role 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Wednesday Round-Up Includes Denny Hamlin Interview (VIDEO) 3
- Greg Ives to become crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. next season 12