Mar 29, 2014, 3:45 AM EDT
Qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix is set to get underway at 4am ET live on NBCSN and Live Extra, and with heavy rain falling after a dry practice earlier today, it could be an exciting session. CLICK HERE to tune in via live stream.
In the dry, there is no stopping Mercedes in the battle for pole position as the German team dominated all three practice sessions ahead of the race. On Saturday afternoon, Australian GP winner Nico Rosberg finished quickest ahead of teammate Lewis Hamilton, whilst third-placed Kimi Raikkonen was over 1.1 seconds behind the fastest session time.
However, with rain falling over the Sepang International Circuit with less than 20 minutes to go, the Silver Arrows may not have it all their own way. Instead, the likes of Ferrari, Red Bull, Williams and McLaren could be poised to fight back and spoil the party for Rosberg and Hamilton.
Coverage begins at 4am ET live on NBCSN and Live Extra, so be sure to join Leigh Diffey, Steve Matchett, David Hobbs and Will Buxton for what is set to be a very exciting session. You can also follow @F1onNBCSports on Twitter for live text commentary throughout the session.
UPDATE – qualifying has been delayed due to wet weather. Click here for the latest updates.
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 2
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 12
- Eldora and Indy putting a lot on Tony Stewart’s plate 0
- Todd Gilliland, 14, outdistances father David, grandfather Butch in first time they’ve all raced together 0